super nationals

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

grump

super nationals

Post by grump »

Is any one planning to go to the F100 Super Nationals in Pigeon Forge?
Toyz
United States of America

Re: super nationals

Post by Toyz »

It's in the plan. I haven't booked a room yet. Kevin Stone suggested the River Bend Inn. That will probably be our choice as well.
Another of our original members who never comes around anymore is also planning to attend from Out West!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

IT'S not the super nationals,,, read under shows you will see the correct listing
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

The October show IS the Super Nationals. And, yeah, the May show in Pigeon Forge is in fact the "Grand National F100 Reunion"!

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
grump

Post by grump »

Didn't the May show used to be called the Super Nationals? That's what I was thinking of. Sorry for the mistake.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

May show was the super nationals but when that so called promoter ruined the super nationals changed it to Oct and run 2 shows in same year and called them annual,, last time I looked annual meant once a year,, the one in October is just a money grubbing promoter does not give a darn about trucks, vendors or you all he cares about is the might $$$$$$$ and he does not care about us since when we where in Lebanon I told to your face that you Charlie Cobble have left a bad taste in my mouth and how you ruined it for us as a vendor and truck owner and just held his hand our for his check,, sorry but as a person with a truck we where at thhe very first one with 28 trucks only and been there except 2 and this is the way we get treated... that is why we are pushing the one in May cause is runs by person that has trucks and love trucks and his silent helper that's our :2cents: ,, Charlie wants us and I should not be like this since we still love shows and trucks he needs to say he is sorry,, think about this why did he move from pigeon Forge in first place,,, Money $$$$$$$$ bottom line
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I WENT....

and all I can say is: those who didn't, missed one HECK of a show. It was nearly a replay of the old shows at the Grand Hotel back in the 90's. A SUPER crowd for a first show (regardless of which show you thought it was).
It's already TOP'S on my 2019 agenda. A little rain, lot's of humidity, plenty of sun, and countless trucks of all sizes, years, and styles. I wasn't able to get pictures, but you'll surely be able to go to the Grand National's website later and see what I mean, but it will surely increase in size next year. I honestly believe this show will take honors over the old Super National's Show. I haven't been to an F-100 Show that nice in 12-13 years. Lol....it even got my OLD blood pumping again.... :-P

I'm sure you'll hear a little bit of grumbling about THIS and ANY show, but the SMILES and attitudes of most....represented a Show that WOW'ED most spectators & participants alike.

Hope to see more of the Slick members there next year....
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

BEST Read the fine print on the Supernationals,,,,,,,, IT'S NOT IN PIGEON FORGE, TN,, JUST Like the typical promoter like a car salesperson will tell you anything anybody wants to hear,,, IT'S IN SEVIERVILLE, TN Which is a little bit from Pigeon Forge, TN But oh my the traffic. AND SAME DATES as Fall Carlisle , which means major vendors will not be there
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS