Slicks make the Big league... who will be offended?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Slicks make the Big league... who will be offended?

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Well despite a couple hangers-on over at the old place, the transfer of our current members (those who actually come and see every day) seems to be going along quite well.

One notable exception is John Wilkerson.. one of the original guys in the Sllick 60's movement (sounds funny that, like the "Burn the bra movement" or something that MadMax and Nissan must have been part of :lol: )

I wonder how FTE is gonna react to this proffessional-looking and well-organized site compared to our old "Wild hair" place.

Those who have followed Fordification for a while, know it did not go smoothly for them. Wonder if thats why things are strangely silent about here over there. FTE used to allow linking to Slick60's old site.. one of very few that they would, without censoring. Wonder if that will remain the same. :?

and Fordification too... They are members here, but not much has been said... wonder if they see us as the little brother that grew a foot taller than them over the summer, and now they can't flip us over and shake the change out of our pockets anymore 8)

Should be interesting to see how this all pans out.

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

LOL..my big brother used to take my money that way!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

The others will come. They always do.

Other sites have had problems because of the "managment"

I don't think we will have that problem as long as we remember a few things...

1) We are not here to make money.

2) We are here to help and support, not to tear down (unless it is unsafe).

3) The opinion of one is not the opinion of all.

4) stay positive, don't think the worst right away.

We have a good group and I think it will stay that way.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Comet

Post by Comet »

JC, as far as Fordification goes, I can assure you their response, and particularly Keith's will be-it's about time! Although he has more graces than me and probably wouldn't admit out loud. I don't think anyone over there sees it as a threat at all. In fact, there are a few people over there that don't even have bumpside trucks, but rather have Slicks. But they hate FTE and couldn't stand the short comings of MSN Slick site so they found a home there. For the most part Keith tolerated it, and sometimes would offer the MSN site to users if they didn't know about it already. Now that this group has hit the big time with a real user friendly, searchable forum, I wouldn't be surprised if the mods at Fordification encourage people to post those questions over here now. I also wouldn't be surprised if Keith added a link from his site to here eventually.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDification
United States of America

Post by FORDification »

Hey....it's about time! ;) (Sorry, had to say that.)

Heck yeah....I'm glad to see you all cut the ball-and-chain that was MSN and get out into the real world. I'm happy as hell for you. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who would be offended or upset about a step in the right direction for you all isn't someone you need around anyway. I certainly don't see you as competition....heck, I don't see anyone as competition. The only way anyone would ever be a threat is if they were offering something that I had....but since our sites are specifically targeting different generations, I see no conflict at all.

In fact, I've offered several times to help you guys out of the mud, just because it seemed to me as the right thing to do. It doesn't matter how it got done, what's important is that it did happen at all. As far as sites and subject matter go, we're 'related' but I doubt we'll be stepping on each other's toes, and there's no reason we can't co-exist in harmony. The offer of assistance is a standing one, though I get the feeling that the powers-that-be here wanted to do things without outside help, and that's fine too.

I'd be happy to continue to point folks in this direction who would be served better here than at FORDification. In fact, I was going to add a link to these new forums on our links page about a week ago, but was asked by someone to hold off until an official 'moving day' came about. Since that's now happened, I'll get that taken care of.

Congrats guys! :D
Keith
FORDification.info | FORDification.com | FORDification.net
Also own: '67 F100 2WD SWB - '68 F100 SWB 4WD choptop - '75 F250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
Comet

Post by Comet »

FORDification wrote:Hey....it's about time! ;) (Sorry, had to say that.)

Haha! So much for graces! :lol: Welcome aboard Keith. Didn't take you long to chime in! 8)
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

No graces required in response to one of my posts.

We can for now, only aspire to be as good a tech place as yours, Keith...
and Thanks!

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

everyone now!!!

Kum by yaaa!

sorry, nice to see us all geting along all nice and propper!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

How can there be competion when nobodys making money, Like Keith said 2 completely different trucks. Don't know about FTE, as I do not go there anymore. God job everyone involved!
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I didn't mean to imply that Fordification was in competition with us. I have just seen posts over there where they.... uh kinda made fun of our old board and such, the way a big brother teases his little brother about his braces. So I thought of a brother analogy.

Now we are on more/less equal footing, forums-wise, I am sure the tech articles will come rolling in from our members. Theirs is still the most awesome , well organized truck site I have seen. And there doesn't seem to be the back-biting and infighting over there, either. :? I got nipped in the ass on my way off our old site, as did a few others :roll:
At least it was entertaining..I guess :(

Meantime..FTE still allows links to us. They don't go way out of their way to ENCOURAGE them, but they still allow it. I guess when you go there, you have to take into account it's someone's bread and butter you are fooling with over there. Ken will swat you like a fly if you land on his toast and coffee. I suppose I can see that.

We are lucky that Jim and Foodstick and Kid and Matt all have outside jobs and don't depend on us to put Wheaties on the table.

Don't get on a bandwagon here of bashing these other boards, now
, or our link will vanish and a bunch of our members here will be forced to choose between them.. I think it's good we can all live in relative peace and harmony here :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Roger everything that JC said above :roll:

I say Live and let live while doing unto others etc. It's not worth the hassle to get into hassles. When hassled I nod, smile, and then walk away knowing I'm better off for doing that. :lol:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

I haven't seen any bashing going on here, that is good. I like these smaller forums without all the ads. I'm just saying I don't go there.
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
Comet

Post by Comet »

Yeah, I agree, most of the bashing has been on the MSN site. Like I said in another post, they can keep it there. So far the vibe here is good and people are positive. What's the bumper sticker...No Whiners! :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Yeah comet I agree, No Whiners. . . . . And No Cheesers here either right? :lol:

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
wnorowski

Post by wnorowski »

How many times do we have to post to play the Arcade ? !
:lol:

Ted
Flat Rock, OH
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

I guess I got fired off the old site. Can't post replies, can't view pics, nothing worked. At's O.K. I'm here now. Hope all the others come over too.......................
8) 8) 8)
Jim
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Welcome to the #1 reason we moved here, Jim

Most of the regulars are already here.
Shows you how inflated those old numbers of 2400 members on MSN were.. some of those people joined and never came back.
Brion71

Post by Brion71 »

And here we have over 140 members and most are posting............
Brion.