wet rice

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ICEMAN6166
Poland

wet rice

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/25/ship.ap/index.html?section=cnn_topstories

last year it was soybeans, this year cars.
folks thought they had a rough ride when that cruise ship took a quik 10-15 degree list, this one was at 85 degrees when the rescuers got there. [/url]
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Not sure what the heck they were doing in the Gulf of Alaska, it's pretty much a straight line from Vancover to Tokyo. Oh well, just some slightly faster rusting ricers, no real loss.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Comet

Post by Comet »

More direct, but they were taking the inside passage I assume. Probably due to weather??? Dunno, since it's not winter.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Didn't anybody shoot it to put ot out of its' misery? A 500# Bunkerbuster ought to do it . . . . :roll:

FWIW on the cruise ship here in the Bikini State, the Princess Line has agreed with the USCG finding that an Idiot in a Jr Officers uniform saw the indicator needle on the Auto-Pilot fluctuate so he quickly shut her down to prevent a disaster, but in his haste turned the rudder further to port and with the Fwd speed already gained the ship took on the 18-20 degree list to starboard. :lol:
Some deckchairs and other items went over the rail, but it is believed at this time no passengers were lost. . . . . :shock:
Believed no passengers were lost?. . . .don't they know by now? :roll: Anybody want to buy a couple cruise line tickets?

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

the ship is 250 miles south of Adak island which is near the end of the long chain of islands (Aleutians) that are strung out in the ocean and are part of Alaska. the ship is from Tokyo but was enroute from Singapore to
B.C.lots of ships pass thru this area of rough sea and bad weather.
the inside passage well, they never got that far, it is along the southeast coast of Alaska.
at any rate they are saying a mishap occurred when switching the ballast tanks,it will take a while for the salvage team to arrive but it should be quite interesting to see the operation of righting the ship.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

In Florida, they're sinking old jets to make reefs. I guess in Alaska, there will be a nice reef made out of Japanese cars.
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Old jets are made out of aluminum. Those rice rockets would be a reef for about a week, tops in that salt water LOL

Ice are they talking about raising the whole ship, cars and all?

Bet there will be a big sale down at Hyundai...
and they already sell pre-rusted cars LOL
Only dealership I have ever been to were there were new cars , already rusty. :shock: This was in the late 80's... never been there since
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

They were Hyundais? :P

Wouldn't KIA have been more a appropriate, after all where I'm from it stands for Killed In Action! Perhaps we can call the ricers MIAs? :lol:

Max did ya see where a Tailfin from the Tomcat VF101 Lost off key west 2 years ago washed up on a beach in Scotland a month or so back? :shock:
That blew me away. If you want I can Fwd the article to ya.

FBp :roll:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

LOL I kin just hear what that tailfin said when it hit the shores of Mul-o-kin tyre there

"Och Aye laddie, hae ye got a wee dram fer a weary traveller?"
LOLOL
:lol:

Pete I dunno if they were Hyundais or not.. they all rust equally well from what I seen
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

JC,
I'm thinkin' the finders needed a wee dram after finding it on the beach! I reckon it took Some o' the wind "Oouut o' th' Lads' Pipes, eh? :roll:

Rest of the story is there was talk of salving that Tomcat recently but hell, if the tailfin washed up in Scotland. . . . there's not much left of the Bird to be salvaged, I'd wager. I believe USN revised that plan now,:lol: :lol: :P

FBp 8)
Comet

Post by Comet »

Whatcha guys talking about those cars rusting. 90% of them are plastic these days! :shock:
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D