Non-Starter

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Non-Starter

Post by Johnny Canuck »

So, I guess what was one of the fears of moving to our own site has happened?
The fear was the person running the site would be too busy to maintain it.
Seems to have been a self-fulfilling prophecy :cry:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Looks time it's time to declare it...

Post by Johnny Canuck »

It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
JimDog
United States of America

Post by JimDog »

Well, I guess that would be my fault. I would have to say that there have been a series of unforseen circumstances that have lead to my inavailability over the past month or so.

A close friend of mine unexpectedly lost his son to a brain aneurism, leaving behind a wife and two young kids. If there is one thing that I have learned from the experience of helping this young family pick up the pieces, it would be that you have to have a will. If you do not have one, stop reading this post, and make one out this second. Let me tell you - not having one is a VERY BAD THING.

No - it is not a pleasant task, and dying is not something that you want to think about, but even if it is just some kind of fill in the blank form that you download from the internet - get one. Now.

Once things were getting under control with that situation, I traveled to Budapest, Hungary. This was my first trip off of the continent since I traveled to Germany with my family when I was in kindergarten. This was a work related trip. The first out-of-state trip in the six years with my currrent employer, and quite possibly the last.

I got back from Hungary about a week ago, and had to go to St. Louis to attend the graduations of my neice and my nephew. I got back last Thursday, and spent the long holiday weekend with my family, who had not really had the chance to spend any time with me in well over a month.

I am not one to make lame excuses - but this really has been an unusually trying time for me over the past month or so. I apologize for leaving you guys hanging, but these things were simply out of my control.

The site is fully functional at this point - unless that there are unreported bugs that have not been brought to my attention. Please - poke around and try to break stuff. If there are changes you would like to see, or if there are features you would like to see post them up, and I'll get on it.
JimDog
United States of America

Post by JimDog »

Oh - I forgot to add this, just for you, Johnny...Click here :D
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

WB from the dead, Jim. Sorry to hear about your friend :(

and LOL re the sound byte
Comet

Post by Comet »

So, is this the replacement for that gawd awful MSN? If so, me likes! ALOT! I'm sorry to hear about all the things going on JimDog. But I'm hoping you can get some help with this. I don't post on the MSN site anymore (except NW region) because that software is so lame and frustrating. This is great. If you need moderator help in some of the less active areas, I'd be willing to do it. I'm a mod on a couple NW 4x4 sites already and if this takes off, I plan on spending much more time here than MSN. I'd love to see that die a slow death and this take off. 8)
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D