Newbie in the house

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

BigTim

Newbie in the house

Post by BigTim »

Hey what a great site! I have been looking for a site like this for a while. I just bought a 65 F100 SWB and I am looking forward to making it a cool cruiser.

I have redone 3 Mustangs and a 78 F150 over the years, bowed out for a while and decided I needed another project. After a lot of searching and driving here and there looking at all kinds of old iron I found the previously mentioned 65 F100. I just feel in love with the lines of the truck.

A bit about the truck; 65 F100 SWB with a 410 c.i. FE, C6, and 9 inch rear. A kid and his dad built it up as his high school ride and now he would rather have the cash in place of the truck. It needs a bit of TLC but I think it has a ton of potential. Also the previous owner loved using that Jeg's catalog so it has some real nice parts included.

Again glad to have found such a cool site, and look forward to getting some great ideas for my new project.

Tim
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Welcome, Tim!

Another Texan!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

The home of Buddy Holly!!

Gene
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Don't forget Mac Davis. 8)
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Hey Welcome to SLICK 60s Tim, you're in good company out there in the Lone Star. . . The Houston crowd is huge & fun & neat guys,

Didn't Janis Joplin come from Lubbock? I know Waylon came from Luckenbock, got NO Idea where that's at. I like a Lot ot Texas Musicians from Bob Wills thru the Outlaws, Tom Paul Glaser & the Glaser Bros, Willy, Chris Christopherson, the late Mr. Waylon Jennings, et al :roll:

Well, anyway Welcome to the site and all of us here can relate to your feelings about these great Slick 60s trux!

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Welcome Tim! From MD's Eastern Shore, this is a great resource for these trucks, you can find out ANYHING here.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

Thanks everyone! I have been reading up on the topics here, what a great place. I was hanging out at another board, but it is dead. Glad to have found a active online community.

I just have to get the 65 picked up so I can get busy. I sold a 57 Chevy truck to a guy in Massachusetts and his driver should be here in about a week, then I can go get the 65. The anticipation is killing me. :?

FORDBOYpete wrote:The Houston crowd is huge & fun & neat guys,
FBp 8)

And 550 miles down the road. :x
jakdad

Post by jakdad »

Hi Tim,
If that truck is the one that the young man goes to A&M, I almost bought it. Glad someone got it that will improve it. Welcome to the new site!!
Jim
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

jakdad wrote:Hi Tim,
If that truck is the one that the young man goes to A&M, I almost bought it. Glad someone got it that will improve it. Welcome to the new site!!

Yes that is the same truck. It will be a good starting point. Thanks.