APU

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

uni-vision
United States of America

Re: APU

Post by uni-vision »

Good lookin' LTL! I recently aquired a '95 LTL dump truck that is pretty close to same color as yours. Really like the mean look of the big hood! Just wish I could have your air ride, but with dump I really need walking beam, but it rides terrible w/aluminum box. I'm used to rough ride, but this one takes it to a whole new level! I've seen your site in the past, beautiful N series too, if i had time & $$, would have one also. Just wanted to say HI and love your stuff. Alan
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Nearly all our tip trucks here, well new ones that is!, have air-ride!.......................Alan.

I see you have the correct spelling as well!! :wink:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

al-u-min-i-um. right?
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

those systems are great for the ones staying in there trucks,, but try to park next to one and you will see what I mean when trying to sleep,, Noisy in some cases and the fumes are awful, last time at Vegas we had to move 3 times due to noise and fumes,, one time in Phoenix we had to get security to move a truck parked in no parking with our windows cracked open for the dog she was almost passed out in our truck,, one thing that gets me is that it could be a nice night cool say 65-75 degrees and trucks running wide open,, thats being spoiled and then these same ones bitch about price of diesel,, anyway great sytems if installed with a way to run the fumes up not into other trucks
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

ezernut9mm wrote:al-u-min-i-um. right?

Yes Ezer!, dirt comes in Aluminium and beer comes in Glass! :lol: :burp:

On a side note!, A mates trailers refrigeration unit caught fire and the driver rang to tell him!, he said he had disconnected the prim mover and what else did he want him to do!, the mate said hook the truck back up and fan the fire with your shirt!!!, it turns out no one likes driving it!, a 2008 model Freightliner Argosy, he said it was the cab air ride set up was the problem!.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I went to a truck show this past weekend in Longview. Its a 550 mile round trip for me. I left about five Friday afternoon and arrived about 10:30. I stayed in a truck stop and used the APU. I started it about eleven and by 11:30 I was turning the blower motor on low speed, by twelve I was reaching for a homemade quilt I had in the sleeper. About 2:30 I woke up freezing and cut the thing off. It has a non adjustable thermostat on it and I am going to install a cable operated thermostat so I can cut the air down more to make it more confortable. Friday was not a cool night either. It was in the mid to upper seventies when I got up at 6:00 AM and got up to 101 on Saturday.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

glad to hear it's working properly. my work truck has been in the shop for pm service for three days now and the "extra" truck i am driving has an old school "icebox" a/c unit in it mounted on the floor at the back of the cab between the seats. my right elbow is still frozen, but it doesn't do much for the rest of the interior.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

My APU is on the blink. I tried started it one night before I left for Colorado and the APU rand great but when I turned the A/C compressor on it killed the engine. I tried it several times and it killed it each time. Apparently the compressor has either a liquid lock or is froze up. The reason I suspect a liquid lock is because the compressor is the lowest part of the whole system. The truck had set for almost a year without running the APU A/C system. I will be checking it out when I get back home.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.