The religion of Obamacare

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

slick4x4
United States of America

Re: The religion of Obamacare

Post by slick4x4 »

Arsenio Hall had a very funny comment about it....
He said that even in black neighborhoods
"More people are signing up for the Klan than obamacare "....... :shock:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

slick4x4 wrote:Arsenio Hall had a very funny comment about it....
He said that even in black neighborhoods
"More people are signing up for the Klan than obamacare "....... :shock:

:rotflmao: :popcorn:
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I find it hard to find out how Obama care works, so tell me if I've got this straight or not, you have to pay into O`care as in an insurance company and if you don`t start now you will be penalized a percentage as to how long you hold off.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

You got it right Alan. He's forcing you into his system.
Tom Williams
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

unless of course you already have health coverage through work.....in which case you will be taxed a percentage as income because you work, and fought hard for working conditions, instead of sitting back and making others pay,as is everyones right? :bs:
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

the whole thing makes me that much happier that I retired from the Army.

Dan
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

I really don't know enough about it to say if I agree or not with it as a whole.

But there is definitely one thing I like and it is because of my mother. When the economy tanked, she lost her job and therefore, her insurance. At that time she was a 3 time cancer survivor and with no job, there is simply no possible way she could afford health insurance. Now, it seems that would be less of a problem. I do think that some form of socialized healthcare does need to be in place to benefit people like my mom but I do not agree that it should be forced upon everyone in the way it is said to be.

Further, I lived in Canada for a while and experienced the healthcare there, and in my experience, it was not even remotely the nightmare most Americans make it out to be. It was a great thing and I think, executed in the right way it will be an absolute benefit to the United States.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

If. mighty big word.If it could be done right. Please tell me one thing the US goverment has done right since WW2.

Korean war---------A draw
Vietnam-------------lost it
War on poverty----never won that one
War on drugs------haven't won it yet
War on terriorsim----haven't won it yet

besides a few small military incursions here and there the US gov. cain't pour p out of a boot with the directions on the heel.
so how are our politicians gonna handle nationwide health care? they cain't they can only make it worse.
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

well with our Medicare government controlled, you can go to the GP Doctor of your choice and if he /she bulk bills you do not pay, if they don`t bulk bill you pay and get all your money back from Medicare less $15, you can go into EDU of the local public hospital and be treated free of charge, that includes all Xrays, surgery, medication while in hospital ( I have had 2 Angiograms with stays in Hospital, a torsion of the testical oops.gif an Umbilical Hernia operation and other minor visits and have not had to pay a cent, other than pay my taxes. I don`t mind paying the government tax to look after my health, our Medicare started in 1973 with only minor changes since, just don`t try and make me give my money to a bloody insurance company. Also don`t forget we lost Cam because he couldn`t afford to go to the hospital...
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

the most troublesome thing about all of it is the US has the lowest rated health care services in the world and the highest cost health care in the world. how's that make any sense. people say they don't want socialized medecine because taxes would be to high yet truthfully pay more in insurance premiums, co pays, and what ins doesn't cover than they would from what is typical tax rate coverage of socialized healthcare nations. regulating what is charged is one huge problem. just watched a news story about this the other day and it was saying that charges for the exact same service can vary as much as 70% at facilities within the SAME TOWN and as much as 300% geographiclly. what other field do you know that can have that much varience. i could see maybe 10% local 30% geographiclly which is close to other fields.

Education is right there with it. my wife recently finished her Masters Degree. She went a little over $30k in debt doing so. i think her monthly payment is right around $300mo and with that payment i think intended payout is 15 years. so that $30k loan is gonna cost somewhere in the $55k range payout with that theory. for a job with a typical salary of $40-50k per year. oh and this is working in the mental health field which is one of the areas of medical care this country lacks the most in.

i love this country but the overpaid idiots up on the hill are damn near running it in the ground...
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Alan Mclennan wrote:well with our Medicare government controlled, you can go to the GP Doctor of your choice and if he /she bulk bills you do not pay, if they don`t bulk bill you pay and get all your money back from Medicare less $15, you can go into EDU of the local public hospital and be treated free of charge, that includes all Xrays, surgery, medication while in hospital ( I have had 2 Angiograms with stays in Hospital, a torsion of the testical oops.gif an Umbilical Hernia operation and other minor visits and have not had to pay a cent, other than pay my taxes. I don`t mind paying the government tax to look after my health, our Medicare started in 1973 with only minor changes since, just don`t try and make me give my money to a bloody insurance company. Also don`t forget we lost Cam because he couldn`t afford to go to the hospital...

I have always appreciated public health care. When my little one was in the hospital for a few months I was even more grateful. When something like that happens, I couldn't imagine having to worry about the cost of it all too.

I like to listen to people complain about vet bills. I always remind them that the doctor they go to see and the treatments they get cost even more... don't abuse public health.

Nic
rwhistles
United States of America

Post by rwhistles »

I wouldn't mind socialized medicine if I thought the US gov. AKA the idiots on the hill could do it right. But the fact is they can't seem do do anything right. Don't get me wrong. I love this country but have little use for our elected officials. I'm afraid obamacare will make healthcare worse in this country not better.
1961 F350 pick up
1966 F350 camper
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Ray the pity is I think that the next in coming government will dismantle it, and then it wont see the light of day for some time to come, that happened with our referendum for becoming a Republic... :(

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

Was talking to a guy at work about the health insurance they have - he has been there 8 years so before Obamacide.
Insurance at work pre ACA - $165 a Month
After - $130 a WEEK.
Yep - awesome......................
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
luckystiff
United States of America

Post by luckystiff »

we as a people have got some absurd ways of being. look at the fact that the true unemployment rate is around 13%, not the 5% they like to post on the news. the 5% is the percentage of people ON unemployment theres more that don't qualify at this point that are out of work than those that are out of work and qualify. add in the underemployed and that number is 22.5%. so 1/8-1/4 of our society is either unemployed or underemployed. i am in that category. i make less than half what i made 8 years ago. i apply for an average of 6 jobs a week. i'm lucky if i average 1-3 interviews a month and am usually told i'm "over qualified" for the position being offered. Heres the thing if i know the position and know the salary but am will to work for your wage and maybe work my way up in the company like i've done in pretty much every business i've been in that should be a bonus for you.

anyhow got off track there a bit. so our country is suffering like this yet we are sending US business overseas constantly. then lets look at how we do spend money here. i saw on the local news last night where the charlotte hornets gave a utah player a 4 year contract for 64 million. i know this is not uncommon and maybe thats what disturbs me. you hear the 64 million in 4 years and it seems crazy. BUT lets break that down. broken down that $221,180 a week which is more than the average family with 2 working college educated professionals make a year. and both of those people probably racked up $30-100k(or more) in student loans to get those professional jobs. Now lets break down that $221,180. If you break that down to a daily level it's roughly $31,000 a day. which is on average for someone without a college educations earning potential for a YEAR. don't get me wrong it's not that i don't think a pro athlete shouldn't be paid for his/her talent but when you break it down into the numbers above does anyone deserve that kinda of money for playing sports?

the balance just seems way off to me...
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

Doc Pepper wrote:What has the Big Medicine Machine cured in the past 60 years (or the lifetime of most of the members in this group)? Cancer? Diabetes? Heart disease? AIDS? If you are stupid enough (forgive my spent emotion) to go to a hospital for a serious disease, statistics tell us that you will die within 3 years and lose all your life savings to the beast, money that your children could have used to pay their mandatory tithe to the system.
How does cutting up a wrist cure that wrist from a little tenderness (carpal tunnel)? Or irradiating your loved one, with the microwave equivalent of cooking a ham, stop cancer. Or drugging up your child with murderous chemicals that destroys all her hair and leaves her sicker than she was?
I didn't care when it was a choice, I just chose not to participate. But now that it is mandatory, I know that money I would never have spent on my own treatments would now be forced from me to go to destroying someone else's life.
Maybe its because I have seen the other side more than once. Maybe it is because I was born with an irregular heartbeat. Maybe its just because I have no respect for big business using government to rob me.
Now I know that I am on the fringe of humanity. That my views are nowhere near what the main stream press tells me the rest of you think. And if the Government feels that I should pay for the drugs of others, I will pay the penalty.
But it is not my religion.
What really confuses me is the attitude of those crazy people living north of the U.S. that seem to love their system. Are they really happy or just rationalizing their plight?

Doc

And he calls himself 'Doc'

:shock: