Last minute advice on motels for Pate please.

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Last minute advice on motels for Pate please.

Post by 64 f100 »

Looking at hotels for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Asking if there is any to stay away from or certain areas that have problems such as theft break ins etc.

Rich
Truckrat
United States of America

Re: Last minute advice on motels for Pate please.

Post by Truckrat »

Rich, decided to come on down eh? Good on ya! Get on line and check for hotels in the Roanoke area. I use Hotelguides.com to find them. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at Westport Parkway and I-35W. It is about 4 miles from the speedway and
in the same area where a lot of us stay. There is a breakfast place we gather up at right across the highway called the ''Snooty Pig''. We should be there thursday morning around 8 am or so to eat breakfast. There are two other hotels there too. A Hampton Inn and a Residence Inn. Hopefully you can get something there at one of them. If not check with an area a little farther south around the Western Center and I-35W area, or back a little east on hwy 114 going into Roanoke. I have stayed at all of those areas and not had a problem. Hope to see you there. Have a safe trip down. TR
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Rich are you bringing parts down with you? Kind of figured you were, but was wondering what? TR
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Actually, I bought a parts truck down around Carthage and am picking it up to bring back. I don't have a swap space but am borrowing one from Paul to park on while there. Only thing I've loaded up is some Valvoline type F transmission fluid for early Ford automatics. Bought a little over 30 6 quart cases here while back and will never use it all. If, someone needs anything I would be glad to bring it if I have spares but not coming to set up as such just coming to buy or look. Will most likely leave Friday and head to Baton Rouge to go fishing with my brother down on the coast. Got rooms at a motel 6 over on 114 I think. Don't need much for me just a place to sleep and clean up. Getting old , used to sleep in the van when I went to Carlisle and bath in the shower house. That was a rough way to go, but getting to old for that. Brother is supposed to come up and go to the meet with me. He's never been to one before. I think he will like it even if he gets sensory overload. At least it will be an experience for him. Almost wasn't able to make it. My grandson was in a serious car wreck late last night. We got woke up in the middle of the night by my daughter saying they were headed to the hospital at Cape Gerardeau, MO. He was thrown from a jeep when the driver hit a bridge abutment. He's going to live but it will be a long time before he's up and about again. Fractures of the spine and broken ribs, and skull fractures and had a blood clot on the brain. They operated on him immediately when he arrived at the hospital and got blood clot taken care of. He's on a respirator and has drainage tubes in several places. In a lot of pain but being kept in out of it with meds. Of all my grandkids , he's the one I'm closest to, but there is nothing I can do for him at the moment. The doctor is happy with how he's responding, and it's not life threatening at the moment. I don't believe as others do about staying with someone in the hospital. If, I'm in the hospital I'm sick, I don't need company, but need my rest and be left alone to heal.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Sorry to hear of your grandkid; hope he recovers quickly. I agree as to the hospital vigils! Have a safe trip; we'll see you Thursday!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
banjopicker66

Post by banjopicker66 »

I just put you and your grandson on my prayer list, Rich.
Please keep me informed.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I did too Rich! Hope he will recover and be ok. My son in law just went through open heart surgery for a heart valve replacement and a month ago and has recovered very well. God is good and he can work miracles through the hands of men. I will be praying for him too.
Good that you and he are close and you are right. He needs rest and healing. God Speed! TR
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I could use some type F for sure. Got a C6 and C4 that use it. TR