1996 h-d flstc

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

1996 h-d flstc

Post by ezernut9mm »

i dont know what possesed me to buy this, but i am really starting to get into it. this was supposed to be a quick flip, but i don't know if i can let it go.

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Toyz
United States of America

Re: 1996 h-d flstc

Post by Toyz »

Very nice, Chris!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

cause they are fun to ride.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

ezernut9mm wrote:i dont know what possesed me to buy this, but i am really starting to get into it. this was supposed to be a quick flip, but i don't know if i can let it go.
Don't Worry Chris Your Probably Just Having A Midlife Crisis.:lol: Don't Worry It Will Pass, Just Don't Go Getting A Leather Jacket And A Full Back Tattoo And You Wil Be Fine!......... Great Bike BTW!
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Last new Harley I bought nearly killed me. Had a recall as the bike had bad spokes. Couldn't control it going around a curve. Brand new superglide made by American Mother fudpucker. POS Haven't bought a Harley since. Had some nice ones I wish I had back. 53 pan head, , but the one I really regretted selling was the 65 Electraglide . I know Harley is back in the hands of better people, but the whole thing left me with a bad taste for the brand. Still like looking at a beautiful bike though. Last bike I owned that was really special was an 85 Kawasaki Eliminator. Figured I need my drivers license and life more than I needed a bike that had a sweet spot between 90 and 100 mph. I never did see the top end on that bike. I've had a 71 RD350 Yamaha setting in a corner that I bought years ago at a rummage sale that I never started waiting for me to get around to it. Those little bikes would run for the size engine that those had. Your bike is one nice looking ride and I'm resisting temptation to ask how much.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Just sold my scooter. Miss it but am trying to concentrate on getting a Slick. Wife says I have too many toys. She obviously doesn't understand the sickness.
grump

Post by grump »

Chris, that is sweet. I've got a '76 super glide that I just rolled over 100,000 miles on last year. It will be the last thing I ever get rid of. Enjoy the heck out of that bike before you flip it.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

got a new front tire installed and it goes in for state inspection tomorrow. fingers crossed it will pass. i've been riding it to work all week.

always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Chris I love the color combo on your bike. The whole bike has the ''Old School''
vibe to it and I would dearly love to have it if I could. No point in me asking how much
cuz I couldn't afford it anyway. TR
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

You know what HD means?

Another hundred dollars. LOL Nothing with HD on it is cheap. They do hold their value very well though.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

Please don't take my last comments wrong. I love the look of HD's...I just choke on the price tags. :D
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

When I bought this I was actually in the market for an early 70s honda cb or cl. Because of some mitigating circumstances this FL was just a few bucks more than a nice cb 750. I couldn't pass it up. And yeah, parts are crazy expensive. Thank god for Craigslist and the monthly bike swap they at the drive in. Lol
always

ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

update. a friend of mine kept bugging me to buy the 96 heritage, so i finally sold it to him...for a small profit and bought this 94 heritage. much cleaner, but needs a few things. rides out nice.

always

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Damn Chris, Full Dress With A Fairing & Saddle-Bags. Very Nice!