1966 Ford GT40 MK II

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sinc

1966 Ford GT40 MK II

Post by Sinc »

Greetings everyone,

Today was another "Demo Day" at the museum. The theme for the day was "The Eye of the Beholder". The idea was to have folks go to our website and vote for three vehicles in the collection that they deemed to be stylish, or beautiful, or iconic. Then we would demo the top three vote getters. Well, to some degree that idea backfired on us. For two of the cars people just seemed to vote for their favorites; The 1966 Ford GT40 MK II was the top vote-getter, in second place was the 1964 Cobra Daytona Coupe. I'm okay with both of those choices, although we do have more "stylish" cars in the collection. The killer for all of us guys was that a 1990 Nissan 300 ZX tied for second place (I have lived too long). As it turned out, we discovered that a local Nissan Car Club "stuffed" the ballot box.

So, just so he could actually do a presentation about "style", Dr. Simeone added in a fourth car of HIS choosing; the 1966 Ferrari 365P Speciale (Tri Posti). This car is one of only two ever made. It was also featured on an episode of Chasing Classic Cars last fall.

Anyway, here are a few pics…

Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Side Note: If you really want to see a Nissan 300 ZX you should probably go to almost any shopping mall parking lot :evil: :evil:

Cheers!
36truck
United States of America

Re: 1966 Ford GT40 MK II

Post by 36truck »

Love the true classic's. Throw the Nissan out on it's ear. Great pics as always.
Tom Williams
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hawt damn you have a great job Sinc.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

to be honest, i am glad that they at least gave the nissan guys their props. stuffed or not, they rallied the troops and got it done. glad they were accommodated. as for that Ferrari, wow. and in white. both of the fords are spectacular as we all know already. you sir, are living the dream.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

Agreed, to that demographic the Z would be considered iconic, and it is a nice example (most are pretty beat up by this point). Plenty of accessible "everyman" cars like the Mustang, Camaro, '57 Bel-Air, and Model T could accurately be called iconic, so I don't necessarily think that something needs to be extremely rare in order to be labeled as such.

Obviously in terms of pure styling the Ferrari stands out. That's a beautiful car, and it's clear that the designers placed a high value on aesthetics and weren't very restricted by other considerations such as safety, function, or cost.

I'd love the opportunity to drive all four. :)