Questions for the California Slicksters

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jamesdfo
Canada

Questions for the California Slicksters

Post by jamesdfo »

So, I know that in Cali, if you're vehicle is off the road for an extended period of time, and you did not register it as "Non Operable", when you put it back on the road, they will be standing there with their hand out waiting for their "Back Fees" for the years of registration you never paid.
So, my question(s) relate to what happens if you sell it to someone out of State, or going one step further, out of the USA?
Does this ridiculous money grab end at the Cali border, or does it follow the vehicle no matter where it ends up?

Thanks!
James
bruceandersson

Re: Questions for the California Slicksters

Post by bruceandersson »

I am not a current Californian, but have lived there and have brought a number of vehicles from there. My understanding is that if the vehicle is being sold out-of-state, the non-op fees do not apply. You can even get a one-way temp registration for the drive/transport to its new home. You can also wait to get it in your name until it gets to its new home as long as you have the CA title.
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

More and more we deal with some of these companies, the more Calif. gets under our skin,,, just got one in Calif. , have to pay sales tax and most likely DMV Fees going out of state :bs: unless we prove that a carrier is taking it out of state.. to get all that taxes I have to show proof that it did go out of state, Next they sent me a e-mail that I cannot even pickup our own truck with our own truck :bs: .. going out of state
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

Well, two days later, only two responses, and neither by a current resident of the State of California??