facebook (what you might be missing)

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ezernut9mm
Sweden

facebook (what you might be missing)

Post by ezernut9mm »

i know a lot of you guys don't or won't go to facebook, but just look at the type of cool stuff you're missing. stuff like this comes up all the time. what a killer ride.

always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
jamesdfo
Canada

Re: facebook (what you might be missing)

Post by jamesdfo »

Chris: Kool truck, I'm guessing Brazillian or Argentinian?? (back fenders is a big clue:)

But still not enough incentive for me to drink the koolaid....
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

not trying to convert anyone, just showing what is out there on the slick 60s facebook page. i might start trying to share some of the nice ones over here for those that don't get over there.
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

good looking truck.

The thing about the Facebook page (I am on there too) is that a lot of guys on there are looking to show off the "rat rod" version they think is cool then next thing you see is it is bought by someone else. Ive seen a few trucks on there change hands via craigslist or eBay and someone else is patching the rusty floor with license plates.

I like looking at their pictures though.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

jamesdfo wrote:But still not enough incentive for me to drink the koolaid....

Ba ha ha
FarmMotorSports
United States of America

Post by FarmMotorSports »

I'M with Jamesdfo.
61 F250 Unibody
5.9 Ford Diesel / Allison
Disk brake straight axle
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

mercuryv8 wrote:
jamesdfo wrote:But still not enough incentive for me to drink the koolaid....

Ba ha ha

yes, no kool aid for me either
my wife goes on there and tells me or shows me things every now and then but not me i stay here

that is a very nice flareside
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

The passenger side flare is extremely rare, but I have seen one here in Crockett California that was built in San Jose. Whether the fender was original to the truck I can not say, but it did not have that flare at the bottom of the fender.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

The entire bed is different. There are beads rolled in the bedsides
and the tailgate looks different. Neat looking fenders on it as well
and that was what caught my eye first. And the passenger side
side mount is very unusual. Even more unusual is the dual side mounted tires. And get a load of the chains and hook placements on the tailgate.
Rather than on the back they are tucked up in a little pocket on the side.That is a cool idea. Very nice one indeed! TR
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

I believe they said was from Brazil. I saw it too. :D
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Not drinking facebook Koolaid either :?
But not just the site don't do it PERIOD :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

There is a whole bunch of us Slicksters on FB and we see what one another are doing on a daily basis, I'm not on Slicks FB tho, I come here for that fix.
Slick 60's has slowed down a bit for one reason or another, but the ones I talk with are also on here on a daily basis as well. I wont say their names,
mainly because I will miss one, and then I'll have to buy him a beer at Slick Stock, sepping Steve, he doesn't partake !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Lots of old (and new) friends on FB! Without going into the painful details, there are some there who are no longer on this site. Being a trifle "eccentric" myself, I tend to respect those people for their knowledge and experience. Then there are others, won't mention any names, but initials are DOS P, who is bound to get a newby seriously hurt with his incessant b.s.! Nothing new there! I have little to do other than counter his asinine statements, so counter I do! I steer well-meaning questions toward this forum at every opportunity; without a doubt, we have the best collection of experience and accurate knowledge to be found! I want to encourage the first-timers, as opposed to telling them how screwed up their project is. I regret that some of our old-timers have moved on for whatever reason, but certainly appreciate the knowledge and comradery they left us! As usual, my :2cents:
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

paul said it better than i could. lol
always

Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

I jump over on FB on occasion. Not a daily reader
but every so often. Lots of folks have it on their phone
so I am guessing that could be the reason some are on
it a lot. I know my kids are! I see lots of guys doing some
pretty cool work on trucks on there. Too bad they don't
come over here and put their builds on the Projects and
Builds section where they will stay more than a day.
Oh well, you can lead a horse to water. TR
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

That is the aggravation for me! Trying to find a post of interest several days later is a real challenge, especially if I don't remember the "whos" or "whats". there is probably an easy solution, I just haven't bothered to find it!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

yes, facebook is fast and fleeting, and here it is easy to find, but it is funny to see a page move so fast over there and take two days to get one reply over here. lol
always

LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

I admin on a model car building site so am on FB a bit every day. Sometimes several times. I see the FB slick page and am a member there as well as the buy/sell/trade slick page. Don't have them as favorites or follow either one, but they are there if I want to go there and read or post.

The problem I see with FB is there are a lot of people there with fleeting interest in a subject. It might be slicks this week an blow guns next week. Not the longevity there that there is here. Some of the people here, shall we say, have a LOT of longevity. I appreciate that.

Another problem with FB is the lack of people reading before they post. The answer can already be there but people post the same things over and over because they don't take the time to read what's already been said. It's worse if you are on a phone in that respect than a computer is.

I also see more what I call "new experts" on FB. They haven't actually done anything, but they read about it or saw a picture on it. They are now experts. New experts. No knowledge other than what they read yesterday. Here, the knowledge is real, time proven and solid. People here have "been there, done that, have the shirt to prove it". FB people tend to be a bit flakey and dramatic.

To find something on FB, search the page within that group. A one or 2 word search will bring up all the threads on the subject. It takes some time to get used to but a lot of people don't realize it's even there.

This site will always be #1 to me for Slicks and Slick Lovers. Not a better group of people in the hobby. Not many groups can park an original survivor beside a fully build custom and enjoy each other's company. Most can't do that for a day at a car show, let alone for a whole week, and run around together, and have fun doing it! The don't know what they are missing.

FB has it's place. Those that leave here to hang out there exclusively are missing out. I also think those that shun FB are missing out on some great builds and tricks that you won't see in this group. Like anything else, use all the tools at your disposal to be the best you can be.

JMO,
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Very well stated.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
grump

Post by grump »

Wow Spark, all this time I thought I was just getting older when in reality I'm just experiencing longevity. LOL!