value of a slick going up?

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

stronger66ratfink

value of a slick going up?

Post by stronger66ratfink »

Miss Daisy 1966 F100 short bed custom cab 2004-2014
78' F250 XLT Ranger
13' CVO Road King
therealjoeshmoe

Re: value of a slick going up?

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

wrong tailgate, wrong hubcaps, no hood emblem gasket, no door handle gaskets, it needs new hood hinges, looks like a later model front bumper, needs body trim aligned, whats with that funky third brake light?, the ranger emblems are just sprayed red, wrong air cleaner, but other than that its pretty nice but i wouldnt pay no $36,000 for it.. lol
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

You are picking a lot of things I am not, Joe. It still leaves a lot of questions, though! Why the earlier Custom Cab instrument panel, door handle guards, and lower instrument bezel? It is as if the attitude is; nobody will know! I would expect a Ford dealer who has been in business since the truck was new would pay more attention to details, though. The hood hinges and cleaning up the overspray on the harness MIGHT help justify their price point; although I suspect the truck doesn't show as well in person.
You never know the motive behind the pricing; maybe someone likes having the ol' beauty around. Third brake lamp; I missed that, although I admit I didn't catch Kevin's well-integrated version for a few walk-arounds. I blame that on all the small details on his truck!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
skidoorulz
United States of America

Post by skidoorulz »

No underside shots. Makes one wonder. The instrument panel made me wonder also. What is up with that thing on the hood? Was that an option? Gas tank not painted, at least paint the front like it came from the factory. Hate to say this and not sound like I am bragging but mine is nicer and I would not expect 36K out of it
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Asking price and selling price are often two entirely different animals. I see no way it justifies the listed price, and as I stated, there may be private motives for that asking price. In reality, this kind of pricing is probably advantageous to those of us already "in the game"! Whether it ever sells for that much or not, the perception of (maybe) realistic valuation is planted. It just makes it hard on those trying to purchase a decent "entry level" vehicle.
It does make one wonder what a truck like Miss Daisy, or Dale S.'s hot rod, or a bunch of our member's stunning renditions, is actually worth in today's market. Just like some other members, I wish I had been able to keep all the myriad older vehicles which happened my way. The other reality is that if you aren't prepared to do it yourself, one could easily wrap up $30K in a slick restoration.
Another downside is the potential need to insure them for current replacement values, again adding to the costs of ownership. Luckily, there are still nice examples to be found at what may prove to be bargain prices.
BTW, the hood ornaments are said to have carried a Galaxie part number. I have never looked for them in the master truck catalog, but have seen enough of them to consider they may have been part of a Ford push to include them as a dealer option on the light trucks.
:2cents: again!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

So, it looks like someone bought all the after market things and put it on, like the hood ornament... Only truck(picture) I've seen with one. If it seems to be a rare option I bet you'd find it on this truck. It had a ranger nameplate I think, but bench seat. Floor mats had emblem for a 50's ford.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

Toyz wrote:It does make one wonder what a truck like Miss Daisy, or Dale S.'s hot rod, or a bunch of our member's stunning renditions, is actually worth in today's market.
Paul

I was thinking the same thing looking at this truck. I'd like to see what that factory correct build theastronaut was working on would go for.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Looking at the one picture , the caps were 1966 caps mostly found on cars. the hood ornament is 1964 Galaxie accessory, but I haven't looked to see if it was an option on the trucks. scratch guards for the door handles was an option with a C3TZ part number. Hood does not line up right. Otherwise, if the chrome side moldings are new, there is nearly a thousand there. We all know a 390 was not correct for that year, but who cares. You can't tell the difference from looking at it. I always use a 390 or a 351w. Would like to do a diesel. In all truth, few of us ever get what we put into these trucks when we sell, if we count our labor. When the price of a new truck is 60K then a totally rebuilt first line 66 short bed should be worth at least half of the price of a new one. This is custom work and a lot harder than building a new truck, if done right and to original condition, with no shortcuts. I would say they are fishing, and who knows, maybe they will land a big one. It won't be me nor likely be any of us on tis board.

Rich