64 ranger on craigslist

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

slick4x4
United States of America

64 ranger on craigslist

Post by slick4x4 »

I thought somebody said these didn't exist .....

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5645089665.html
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
64 f100

Re: 64 ranger on craigslist

Post by 64 f100 »

There was an original add for a 64 ranger on Evilbay several years ago. I bid on the add but did not get it. As to whether these exist or not , apparently there were some adds put out for 64 Rangers. I talked to the guy with the truck, and he wants 4K for it not in running condition. I've seen two other long bed trucks with the bucket seat option and consul. but those were also a couple years ago and both were in California and all were long bed trucks. Have not seen a short bed with the options.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Graybeard can weigh in on the facts on these options! Now, my opinion; I'd be very interested in seeing these "matching numbers" he mentioned! Yes, the DSO would likely reveal the truth; if in fact he HAS that DSO listing the bucket seat option, I would likely be a buyer before the price goes up again! Reality says that since he refers to a "Ranger Package" and "matching numbers";( neither of which existed for 1964 model year), I would probably judge this seller to be just as removed from reality as I have found the owner of probably the same truck to be when his asking price was $2500.00!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Pat you have seen Doug Dunlap's truck, how can you say they don't exist?
I would want to make sure that craigslist truck had all the interior parts and pieces before I offered him a quarter of what he wants for it.

ImageImage
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
fire704

Post by fire704 »

Ford did offer the " new XL cab package in 1964. Per Ford's November 1963 " Full circle of Ford marketing". The new XL cab package was available in Nov. 1964 for F-100 and F-250 on special order. This option included Falcon bucket seats, center console, color-keyed carpet, and color-keyed vinyl trim panel covering the gas tank. Each district office placed one of these demonstrators in service. Ford encouraged there dealers to order a unit. The option # TTMS_0001-1AC4
fire704

Post by fire704 »

:oops: Should say the option was available in Nov. 1963.
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

But no "'64 Ranger"! It appears that most, in fact had Bostrom seats rather than Falcon, and many had a modified console based on the second generation Comet/ Falcon, rather than the Gen I unit found in '65-up Rangers. So, trying to document the vehicle as a "Ranger" would be a large task, especially by "matching numbers" and a 50 year old DSO.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

"Ranger" name per se. is not correct. They had an option package that made it very similar to the 1965 versions that "were" called Rangers.

Doug's original console.
completed console.
and the original ad. Note console IS different.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Duplicate post!
Paul
Last edited by Toyz on June 27, 2016, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Yeah, those seats do look "Falconesque" as compared to my Bostroms! Although Pat didn't state directly that these "Rangers" did not exist; I am saying just that! Anyone stating they have a '64 "Ranger" and states they can prove it via the DSO should make that info available! Nowhere in Ford's '64 model advertising or description have I ever seen a reference to such. As stated, if this seller can actually produce an original order depicting a "Ranger" package; I would certainly be interested in seeing it, as well as these "matching numbers". From the warranty plate, this truck, like Doug's, is likely an original bucket seat truck. Advertising it as a "Ranger" is a bit of a stretch, IMO!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

here is another- seen this one for sale before I swear.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/5607519048.html
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Yep, one of our member's.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul