Our Youth Ambassador

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Sinc

Our Youth Ambassador

Post by Sinc »

Greetings,

This past Saturday we conducted one of our Demo Days. The featured topic was "Automotive Aerodynamics" and we rolled out several of the crowd favorites. Most of which I have already posted here. But, here's the really cool thing about the day. We have a father and son team that attend EVERY Demo Day. They are truly devoted fans. Anyway, the young son's name is Liam and he is 5 years old. He is super smart and can name all 65 cars in the collection in order (I can't even do that). Dr. Simeone and Liam are now close pals and Dr. Simeone refers to Liam as "our Youth Ambassador". On Saturday, Liam was asked what his favorite car in the collection was. Without hesitation he declared it was the 1970 Plymouth Superbird. So, Dr. Simeone took Liam for a ride. The kid got a standing ovation from the crowd and there were a LOT of jealous adults looking on…

Seeing Liam's face was a pure joy. There goes the next generation of Car Guys…

We also had a great turnout for the event…

It was a really good day!
Jerry D
United States of America

Re: Our Youth Ambassador

Post by Jerry D »

Neat story. I think there's more than a few jealous readers here too! Thanks for the pics.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Well Bill, that is just flat out Cool!! :steering: :rocker:

But if it were me, I'd want it at a superspeedway, with king Richard at the wheel.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

It still amazes me the Superbird was an actual production car....