Shift collar question

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Shift collar question

Post by Kid »

The shifter collar on my brothers 64 broke, He has looked all over and can not find one for a 64 F-100 but has found one that looks identical
for a 61-65 Comet/Falcon. Does anyone know if it will work on his truck.....................Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
Kid
United States of America

Re: Shift collar question

Post by Kid »

well it is not the colar it is the part that goes inside the column the hooks to the shifter and goes down to the linkage
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

That's the shift tube. Did the little tab break off it? It can be welded back on.
Tom Williams
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

something broke inside it, they are going to try to epoxy it back together if the one he found doenst fit
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

The shift collar should be the same for the Falcon/Comet.
Rich
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

I don't believe epoxy would be a long term solution considering the load. As said, I would expect it to be the upper tab; easily welded and ground to repair. I'll verify applications; I may have an extra for the CoM.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Agricola1066

Post by Agricola1066 »

One of my "helpful" students snapped my shift collar. It broke because the body has sagged on the rubber mounts. Before you replace it, make sure it isn't the same problem....