Facebook Warning!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Doc Pepper

Facebook Warning!

Post by Doc Pepper »

Well, that didn't take long. But long enough to justify my thoughts. I think I am done with Facebook. At first, I thought my feelings were based on my difficulty in learning how to navigate Facebook. But, as I became more prolific with it, I realized that Facebook wasn't what I thought it would be.
I thought that Facebook was a new way to meet people with similar activities. Being a student of the Word, I thought that I might find others who were just as intense as I was at learning the BIBLE. As an astronomer, I thought that I might find similar enthusiasts willing to discuss their discoveries. As a machinist, I thought that I might find others better at casting. As a pianist (with a crippled hand), I thought I might discover others who have attempted a skill that might go against the norm.
But what I found was a chainsaw. What I found was a doghouse sized mailbox. What I found was a system that gives the foolish a way to expose themselves in public.
If you want to know enough about someone on Facebook, just ask them to be your friend. Before you know it, you will have the location of their residence, pictures of them and their family, photos of their possessions. Even a chance at their credit cards.
Unfortunately, Facebook is also an addiction. As strong as smoking, or drinking alcohol, or taking drugs.
Well, I am currently in remission. I am in rehab. The cancer is being dealt with.
I am in the process of rebuilding my wall, ripped out by the chainsaw of Facebook. I am currently attempting to shrink my mailbox back to wheret the junk mail can't fit. I am putting my clothes back on and covering the window.
It is going to take time, but I will break free from Facebook.
SteveCanup
United States of America

Re: Facebook Warning!

Post by SteveCanup »

Very well stated....
1964 F-100