The Tragically Hip

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

The Tragically Hip

Post by Jerry D »

Any of the Canadian (or anyone for that matter) Hip fans? I thought their last concert was this last weekend, but it turns out it was the weekend of Slickstock. Just watched youtube video of the CBC broadcast. Awesome concert, and hard to watch at the same time, admittedly fighting back tears.

Jerry
castruck_1964
Canada

Re: The Tragically Hip

Post by castruck_1964 »

Yes have always been a big hip fan one of the few things I dislike about sat radio need to have my CDs for my hip fix :shock:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

I was a late adopter of CD's so the last cassette I ever purchased was The Hip's Phantom Power.

I have fond memories of seeing them live in "The Paris of the Prairies" so I haven't quite psyched myself up to watch the final concert. I did record it though.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I PVR'ed it and it was the first thing I watched after I got home from Slickstock.
Great and sad all in one. :cry:

I never actually got to see them live, and tried to get tickets to the two shows they had in Edmonton on this, their last tour. I can't say I couldn't get tickets, two days before the concert Ticketmaster released tickets behind the stage and I could have bought some for about $90. Who wants to see a concert from behind the stage? :bs:

Ticketmaster was literally raping people. They would release a few hundred tickets to the public, then sell them to concert package companies and private vendors (basically scalpers) I have such a bad taste in my mouth for Ticketmaster after this, I seriously wish I could find a way to go to concerts and avoid them, but they have such a large monopoly on concert venues it seems impossible.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Jerry D
United States of America

Post by Jerry D »

My wife looked into tickets from Stubhub or something like that, and between tickets, hotel and airfare, it was going to be between $1000 and $2000. Would have meant missing SS.

Gord did a great job considering. I'd read where he was using a teleprompter on this last tour, and you can see him use it occasionally.

Did get to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee some years ago, and have wanted to see them again, but the shows always were predominantly in Canada.