I hear a lot of doozy stories at work.

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

I hear a lot of doozy stories at work.

Post by shipwrecked »

All, I didn't get out of work for like 15 hours yesterday and here is one of the many stories I hear from these kids all the time. This one though- its a doozy.

Recruit gets off the bus on 26Sep and spent the first few days with my staff doing indoc stuff like hair cuts, clothing issue, medical stuff etc. On 29SEP they become their company and they are out of my hair. Anyway- he makes it to monday the 10th before he reports to medical with a pre-existing knee injury. they give him crutches and send him to the medical hold. While he was in that medical hold company, he decided to say he quits. Somehow he ends up in my discharge company by the 15th. That never happens and someone screwed up making that too soon.

I not knowing any better do the regular process cause he had the right paperwork and all. I get a email Thursday afternoon stating this kid wouldn't be allowed to leave the next morning as originally scheduled due to the Commanding Officer needing a meeting with him. Its required before he signs discharges. okay- I tell him and three others they aren't leaving friday but are delayed.

Here comes the fantastic story.

Kid tells me he has unborn baby due next week and he was supposed to be home to see the birth. I actually felt sorry for him for a minute till I started asking more questions like- baby boy or girl? Doesn't know.
Who is paying for this? Girlfriend... she is an RN. Works at a hospital...
I tell him that all he did is plug a girl, leave her and expect her to pay for baby! He better think twice about leaving the military as they pay for everything. He is standing there shaking while I and several of my staff talk to him.

i ask him if he had a job on the outside. Said his father owns a two man business and he helps out sometimes. So I mention that his father now has to pay for baby momma not him.

Anyway= so the story of sorrow continues on for a few more minutes where I felt bad for him thinking it was true... till i asked her name. he told me one name..i ask where she works. "in a hospital" where? Doesn't know. What town does she live in? Doesn't know. Whats her address? doesn't know. Whats her phone number? don't know- its in my cell phone. Okay- i get his cell phone out of lockup and he convientently can't remember the 4 digit passcode to get into it.

Where did you meet? At a town with a lake I go fishing in. Where is that? he tells me somewhere in indiana or illinois-.

i call his recruiter- recruiter has no clue about this fantastic story of baby momma.... especially after 3 weeks, and baby at 9 months due. normally the girlfriends are banging down door to get baby paid.

Next I ask if any of his friends or family can get ahold of this girl? no- no one knows her.

See where I am going here???? :roll:

I make him call daddy... they talk for a few minutes about why he isn't leaving early... kid won't say anything about this girl or baby. So from the background I start shouting "TELL DADDY ABOUT YOUR BABY!" I yell that like 5 times. I also say "if it isn't a lye you will tell him!". Kid looks at the floor, smiles and laughs nervously and said "dad Im having a baby. you know that girl I told you about once? her".
Dad must be saying something to him cause kid doesn't say anything. I start yelling from background loud enough for dad to hear on the phone "whats the baby momma name?!" I probably yelled that 3 times.

Kid tells dad a different name then he told me.

What day is the baby due? next wednesday..... hahahahaha well- you aint leaving till at least friday and if the CO lets you leave this week. He has the authority to hold you as long as he wants cause you on a 4 year contract and normally he holds them 10 full weeks since boot camp is only 8 weeks long.

If you made it through the story... what do you think?

He is 19 and a scared little homely kid. supposed baby momma is a 24yo RN (yea right! way too young)

I wrote this all up, and even talked to the CO in person. I was very blunt that no 24 year old woman would get knocked up by some little homely 19 year old.

I am freaking dieing laughing in this kids face. I am not kidding. I flat out laughed straight in his face when i realize this was some big ass story to make me feel bad and pull strings to let him go early. :mrgreen:
pathological liar! and now his father is at home trying to find some imaginary girlfriend with his grand baby.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
RustNdust65
United States of America

Re: I hear a lot of doozy stories at work.

Post by RustNdust65 »

That's a pretty good one haha.

I'm recently medically retired after 6 years in the navy. My last duty station before I got out was a parole officer for sailors and soldiers that just got out of the brig. Most of them getting out knew they messed up and where embarrassed and didn't give me much trouble. But there where a few that stuck to there insane stories.

The first one got arrested kicking and screaming in his boot camp division because he had "caught HIV in his boot camp division and it was all over his body" he stripped naked and covered his body in hand soap running around screaming and yelling all through out the barracks. Medical staff calmed him down and checked him up of course he's fine then send him to a processing out station where he does the same thing again then they send him to the brig then to me. I told him to keep his damn clothes on and I'll have him out of the navy in a week but if you get naked I'll keep you here another two months haha.

The other was a kid that got kicked out of BUDs/seal qual school the first three minutes there. They sent him to me after a psych evaluation and told me "he needs to be out ASAP. He claimed he was way to smart to be a SEAL and would make them look bad. The problem was he was about 60pounds over weight couldn't do one single pull up and ran the mile and a half in 17mins. That isn't good enough to join the Navy let alone become a seal. My CO called his recruiter and ripped him a new one.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Sounds like that kid NEEDS the military
I know 3 of my buddies who in their younger days
We're kinda worthless....
Came from broken families
Kinda sketchy characters that didn't know what to do in life...
All 3 did a 6 year duty.. 2 navy , the other a marine
They are all now good family men with good jobs
It was the best decision they ever did
But that was 30 years ago......
"Bad kids" back then had way more respect for things than
Professional football players do today :cussing:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

well- with that jerry springer drama, , we don't need him! imagine him in charge of anything......
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I have heard some wild stories from some of my troops, but that one tops any I have ever heard. Deal him some misery as long as you can and cut him loose. I do not like being lied to.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

shipwrecked wrote:well- with that jerry springer drama, , we don't need him! imagine him in charge of anything......
There will always be some ..that no matter what... Are gonna be idiots
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER