Evilbay search for f100 in old car parts

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Evilbay search for f100 in old car parts

Post by 64 f100 »

I do evilbay searches using f100 in vintage parts. Recently I have ran across flooding of evilbay with Johnnylaw motors adds. I ran thru 40 pages not long ago of their adds while trying to find parts. I emailed these people about the flooding and received an answer that basically said go piss up a rope. Since I sent that email, I have ran across the same problem over and over again with these same people. As of yet, I have not said anything to evilbay about this, but these are not the only people employing these tactics, but the worst by far. I suggest we all get together and try to stop the practice, but a little uncertain as to what tactics to use on these people. Any suggestions?
LM14
United States of America

Re: Evilbay search for f100 in old car parts

Post by LM14 »

Haven't wasted any time on EPAY for years. Got fed up with searching for something and getting 10,000 hits with junk totally unrelated from the Chinese crap sellers. I left when they went all PayPal (because EPAY owns it and makes money off of every facet of every transaction). Used to be deals on there with realistic sellers, now it's pro EPAY sellers selling junk, overpriced parts, lousy sellers. Got sick of the whole mess.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I've seen the same problem. Certain sellers might have 10 of the same part and instead of advertising 10 available they put out 10 ads, which hides what you might be looking for. Recently its been a ton of mustang II front end kits. You could extend your search criteria to block anything with their name. The dash or minus sign before a term, means must not include that term.
tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

As an example, if you are looking for f100 mirrors, type in: f100 mirrors -fits You need the space between the part and then the word fits with no space.That will eliminate all the multiple sellers who include fits in their description. You can also use the space and type in any other word to eliminate those words from your search and can use multiple -words in one search, for example -carpet or -bulbs that the multiple sellers often bog it down with.

You used to be able to type in 196* f100 and get all parts from 1961 to 1969 with the * as a wild card. They of course got rid of that one. You can still use the * wild card when searching Craigslist. Try 196* f100 on craigslist, it won't work on searchtempest.

They also took away the filter highest first and now have highest first with shipping....useless when looking for vehicles. I haven't bought anything there for awhile, but my project is done so I'm not looking for much.

Pat