Getting work done

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

Getting work done

Post by shipwrecked »

Obviously I'm the short one with glasses. Picked up 93 young crazies on Friday afternoon. Mass chaos and loud noises commenced.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

This is just me- I'm the Lead CC (senior DI for those ground pounders) so that means I stand still a lot and teach classes, while my Assistants get the place in chaos.. if I was an assistant in this one, I'd have 9-13 miles a day. My role is of. Mean momma... one of these kids was born after I joined the CG so they are young enough to be my kids.

Here's to 7 more weeks!

I've got a tattoo appointment next week on my next day off. And a few hours here and there to sleep or work on the slick. Busy busy... I already hurt from my hair to my toes. My feet have their own pulse.

My amazon woman shipmate is a goof. I'm glad I've got these cats working with me. It's hard to explain the front we put up of being a complete terror and then behind the scenes we are goofing around.

The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Getting work done

Post by slick4x4 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

found out this morning I am in the primary list for the Chief Warrant Officer selection. I have to put together a bunch of bullets of my performance for the past year, as well as my career resume/ I am only allowed two pages but dang- ive been transferred 12 times. That wont fit on two pages. anyway, if I am selected for this advancement, its a 800+ a month payraise just from base pay alone. but will also require another transfer.

currently the company is experiencing the pain of having a weapon. We issued M16's this afternoon and they already hate it :)

good times had by the CC's.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

In case you guys wonder what evil stuff I've been up to...... this was last week.

We've already kicked 3 out of the coast guard... one kid for touching females (being a predator) and another one for calling all females f-I got C U next Tuesday's (more directed at me and my assistants.

We are half way thru training and they improve daily. The first 4 weeks are the roughest.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I see you save up your shredded papers for a good cause.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

I never was over any recruits but I had a lot of guys that worked for me over the years. For the most part they stayed out of trouble. I did have to counsel one every now and then and tell a few to get a haircut from time to time.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

So the pics of the mayhem was due to a transgression? Or was it simply a team building exercise?
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Both....
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

shipwrecked wrote:Both....
Understood. Have been on both sides of the team building experience. :cheers:
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

"Chief Warrant Officer selection"

Well HECK, where the ballots? You got my vote...... :woohoo:

8)
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

April did you get your fender problem fixed? I forget which side you were needing the repair part for.

Rich
1961 F350
1964 Galaxie convertable
1964 flairside, style side, and longbed
1965 Ranger, and shortbed
1966 long bed, and shortbed
A few parts trucks also
1991 Capri
2011 F250
2004 Lexus
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

64 f100 wrote:April did you get your fender problem fixed? I forget which side you were needing the repair part for.

Rich
Kind of. I bought a used fender and will cut that one up to make my patch since the used one is a Jersey fender and rusted thru in places.

I just need a day off where I'm not dieting from the crud.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

This is what someone drew of me... recruit in background saying "my leg is broken"

Me saying "sounds like a you problem!" Hahahaha I do say that a lot.

shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Three tattoos in the last two months as well.not that it's addicting, but I have to get them done in winter when we wear sleeves down, it's easier with my job to do it that way.

I only got the outline done cause I had to go to several medical appointments yesterday before hand.

My right arm is already fully sleeved.... working on the left one. .

shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Yesterday I had a 0500 morning shift and it was going "okay".... I knew they were going to have a bad day so I went home and prepared for a late night. I had my assistant CCs come in and just wreck havoc for a bit and "call me back in"... mean momma showed us and I let them know I am mad... they sweat sweat sweat all day. Made them tape over the Name tags on their uniforms. Pack all their gear and we trek to dinner where I just turned on the asshole.

Treck to chow like little ninja turtles.

Then when we are done eating I have them sweat sweat sweat. Sweating so much the walls were dripping.

All night I let them know I was disappointed and that I hoped I get fired so I don't have to come to work the next day. (I'm taking the day off anyway).

I had them stand nose to a wall for about 20 minutes last night in silence.... then- I played "letters from home" on the radio and told them I wouldn't be so proud cause they haven't earned it yet.

I went home at 11pm and cuddled on he couch with these two watching Harry Potter
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

:shock:

You really amaze me with some of those stories...

First the tats... and you be like :rocker:

Then at work .... you're like :cussing: whip.gif :cussing: whip.gif :cussing:

Then come home to pups and then..... :popcorn: :burp: :sleepy2:

Not to mention the work on the truck.... boxing.gif th_aikido.gif

Hope to see you at KC in 2018 !
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

My kids were acting like little a-holes the other day and I cut them where it hurts. We have a company guide on flag we issue a company with the nautical signal flag. This company is Bravo and we have a bravo flag. It's red with two tails. Means transportation of hazardous cargo. Anyway until they "earn" their colors they carry around a "rag" with a B on it. Since they acted a fool, they got to stomp their colors cause they got no self discipline.Image

They HATED this and tried to over step it but heck no,,, baby step stomp it if I caught you.

After a few more days of good behavior and I even taught them how to iron their dress uniforms without ruining them.

Yes I taught 88 people to iron. Took an hour and a half.

So they made it a week with good teamwork, behavior and progressed thru my expectations.

I made a plan with my co-workers that set the earning of colors in motion. The recruits didn't know we were doing it but they sure were happy at the end.

I had them do a weight lifting/cardio workout challenge for 2 hours. They did an hour of cardio on a spin bike for calorie count. Then shifted to the weight machines and lifted for an hour. We tallied up the points and it came to a little less than the CGC Bear weight of 3,600,000 pounds.

I was happy with that so I went out to the beach, buried our real guide on in the sand and went back to the barracks before they even knew it.

I had a prop guide on above my door that I had put a tape cast around a few weeks ago and gave the kids a "you earned it-here you go--- wait, where is it" speech and then sent them on a search and rescue mission to find it. Image

Force march singing Honor-Respect-Devotion To Duty all the way out there.

Once on the beach I lined them up shoulder to shoulder and had them stare at the ocean for a few minutes in silence. Some of these kids never seen the ocean or heard the waves crashing the shore. It was the perfect day for this though a little cold. That's me standing off to the far left side away from the line.

Search and rescue the guide on.

The proud march back to the regiment

And we are continuing the weight cardio challenge the rest of this week. Our goal is 10,800,000 pounds or the weight of the CGC Waesche, the Captain is our mentor andi wanted to incorporate that into these kids training. They are two days into the challenge with this weight already achieved.

By Sunday we should reach the goal. The cutter CO is certainly interested in our progress and wants to help as well. We are going to make it and I suspect we will see this challenge throughout the Coast Guard soon.

here we go again, same old stuff again, marching down the avenue, 11 more days and we'll be thru, then I won't have to look at you... ugly ugly ugly you..

Yup, no work done on my truck still.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

https://youtu.be/6z7bSPcutLo
I don't know how to embed.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Here we are. 8 weeks of misery, 8 weeks of hell. Mission complete.

When I think of weathered old sailor with a stiff upper lip, iI think of our lead company commander Chief Machinery Technician Reid.
Chief Reid has spent years working on engines, both in the Coast guard and for a hobby, and as a company commander she still hasn't stopped. Bravo just like every other company before us is an engine, as the machinery moves back and forth and around, the timing belts have to aligned, the fuel-air ratio has to be appropriate and the whole thing has to be cooled.

Chief Reid has short jet-black hair and a gravelly and warbbly (it's called a fry voice in real life) voice that often confuses the recruits of newer companies, and makes them think she's a guy (admittedly, it might be hard to tell with that scary capaign hat on). She calls a cadence from a secret diaphragm below her diaphragm, which makes it louder than any cadence we've ever been able to call. "Yer gonna have to git louder than THAT Bravo!! (Aye aye Chief Reid!). She clips some vowels and lengthens other creating diction that sounds both punchy and a little disgusted in us at the same time.

Chief Reid also has a strong sense of justice, and behind the hat, she is serious about getting us ready for the fleet. She has pushed us in the directions that bravo needed most. Everything from incentive training to serious talk on the importance of presenting ourselves as the Coast Guard during "off-base liberty".

Don't think for a minute that Bravo would be the same company without someone as real, and genuine as our lead company commander.

If you have Facebook, here is a crappy in house video of our graduation. I'm the short one.
https://www.facebook.com/USCoastGuardBo ... 743111119/

"Liberty position" TAKE!

shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

slick4x4 wrote::shock:

You really amaze me with some of those stories...

First the tats... and you be like :rocker:

Then at work .... you're like :cussing: whip.gif :cussing: whip.gif :cussing:

Then come home to pups and then..... :popcorn: :burp: :sleepy2:

Not to mention the work on the truck.... boxing.gif th_aikido.gif

Hope to see you at KC in 2018 !

I see this post and it makes me smile :-D