Wah wah wah!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

64 f100

Wah wah wah!

Post by 64 f100 »

After having my grandsons truck apart for 8 years now, I am finally trying to get the engine closed up and ready to run. I have engine parts all over the shop and parts from about 6 351w's scattered everywhere. I can find everything but what I need when I need it. Since I took the truck apart and did not use the original engine after disassembly, I haven't a clue as to what piece matches what in the nature of pulleys for water pump etc. Since I added on power steering to the truck I am trying to match up pulleys so everything lines up. One would think this would be easy, but apparently not so. I spent the better part of yesterday looking for the correct depth of water pump pulley. Not easy to find the right one, as there don't seem to be many left in the junk yard here. The ones off the engine have lain around in the weather and some were even rusted thru. I searched thru my storage building and found a few pulleys not all of which were for a Windsor. I still have not done a complete search of my shop storage side. That would take at least a day. I have searched evibay, and there is a dearth of options there, but seldom do these listings give the depth of the pulley and prices are insane for used pulleys. I have three single shiv pulleys and a couple double shiv pulleys none of which work right. Bah! Thinking Hari Kari might be the best answer to my delimma.
foodstick

Re: Wah wah wah!

Post by foodstick »

I can't even imagine the job ahead of you ! I had an entire truck body apart that long and had trouble finding things.. But that much motor stuff spread around would be a job !
therealjoeshmoe

Post by therealjoeshmoe »

RIGHT THERE WITH YA :cry:
Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!

Image Image Image Image
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Interesting fact for those of you that might be interested, I have 4 crank pulleys 3 of which have the same part number Dooe ending in C, but two are smaller in diameter by about 1/4 inch and there is a slight difference in belt position's. These are 3 shiv pulleys.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Apparently, I read the letters on the pulleys wrong. There is a D0az in the pile.