Auto trailer advise

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

DCarr

Re: Auto trailer advise

Post by DCarr »

Nice. I like the fact that it has a place for removable side boards and a winch mount . Nice score.
Tune For Maximum Smoke ___________________________________ 64 F100 Longsmoothie 65 Mustang Fastback
Michelle
United States of America

Re: Auto trailer advise

Post by Michelle »

LM14 wrote:I like torsion axles better than springs.

I like aluminum wheels more than steel wheels.

Dovetail is a must.

LED lights are a must. So much brighter and safer.

My ramps store in from the passenger side. Be aware of your surroundings and you will do fine. Think before you park/load.

I use a 2-5/8" ball on all my trailers.

Get a quality jack. A junk jack will piss you off in a heartbeat.

I've had steel deck and wood deck. Really didn't notice much difference. Either is easy to add "D-Rings" to for more tie down points if needed.

My current trailer has tie down rails down both sides and it works pretty well. My first trailer only had d-rings in the deck and it was a pain. My enclosed trailer had E-Track tie downs running it's full length, that spoils you. It's easy to add if you want it to tie down other stuff. Just screws to the deck.

I have an adjustable height hitch on my current trailer and once it's set and you have the correct drop hitch on your truck it never gets moved. Don't waste money on an adjustable hitch, but a solid welded hitch and get the correct drop hitch and be done with it.

I have removable fenders on my current trailer. I've never had them off since 2013 when we bought it. I did have one vibrate loose and it cost me $150 to replace it. Don't spend the money for removable fenders.

I put a piece of sheet plastic on the deck where my winch cable runs. Saves the deck from getting groves cut in it.

Tool boxes for tiedowns are really nice. My right tool box has the winch, battery and some tools in it. Left tool box has all the tiedowns and a trailer jack.

Spare tire is a must and we always get their factory mount to carry it.

SPark
Do I see Mercury Cougar parts on that trailer?
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.