Final recruits

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

shipwrecked
United States of America

Final recruits

Post by shipwrecked »

Picked another cycle up this last week.

The smurf crew.... we are all no taller than 5'7.

The weekend was rough but fun for us. We were ahead of schedule and that always allows for more sweat.

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Coast ... 8.jpg.html

Here's till June 23rd.... last recruit out.

I slept for 6 hours when I got home today.... should have worked on truck but too tired.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
dub4lyfe

Re: Final recruits

Post by dub4lyfe »

Ah! that explains it! I don't envy the DI/DS position in any branch, those hours suck! and dealing with adult children sucks.

oh, and I won't hold the fact you're a puddle pirate against you.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Mount dirty laundry

And what I do when someone leaves clothing lying around.

shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

This happened sround a week or two ago, but I think I scared a kid out of his go-faster.

Friday we marched in the graduation of the senior company 8th week)... here we are week 3. Actually in step and following commands properly

Had a long day yesterday. I was on AM shift, went home at 2, went and got groceries for first time this month and then went to finish my tattoo..Image

I ended up getting called by my assistant with the tone of "get this recruit away from me now or I may end up in prison" tone.
I drove in, talked to the section commander and had said recruit pack his sea bag and depart my company for the hold element before someone gets in serious trouble. I trust my assistant and he lost his mind on the 18 year old punk. I counseled the kid in front of everyone calmly and I still think the kid is a sociopath with a no-remorse for his behavior(purposely putting others in the path of trouble for his own amusement). He will be seen by a section commander today and he will be seen by the chain of command this week. Recruit drew all kinds of doodle weapons and did an elaborate write up of a zombie attacking society role play where he was the main character killing anyone he pleased.... like the walking dead but with him as the sole survivor. This recruit would be counseled and laugh with a big teeth grin and creepy hehehehe laugh in serious moments like as if he was imagining slitting your throat.

He is a mental and unfortunate for society we need to put him back.

After all that, the other 73 recruits were locked on and behaving (mostly).

I'm off today!
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Yesterday I had a whacked schedule due to our duty schedule.

Anyway... I have now 84 recruits who of which 58 started with my group in early May. The rest got bounced into the company.

I have one kid named Barron. He is a quiet 18 year old and average dude. Well, we were doing a squadbay inspection while the recruits were at a uniform issue and I found a ink stick and a note card under his mattress.....

So I flipped all the mattresses to find what else they hide. Of course the average snot rag or a lone sock is under there. I used Barron's items as the catalyst to the mess they came back to.

We have been in training 5 weeks now and are performing well. However we struggle with some kids like Barron to perform.

Barron thought 30 minutes was adequate to clean the mess... which was a fail! It took them an hour but I had Barron run around and tell everyone how much went by... him not allowed to help.

There are a group of kids I have no idea who they are- but I certainly pushed some buttons yesterday.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

My life is solely consumed by the dumb shit recruits do.

Today, I spent my fourth day in a row running a 13-16 hour day. My poor dogs have held their peepee well till I get home at night.

So today at evening chow, I almost made three company commanders laugh out loud- in front of their recruits... like lose all military bearing and roll on floor laugh.

So, a recruit who is in week 03 was allowed to attend off base church services. He is Jewish or Mormon or whatever we don't have on the base. A duty driver takes the recruit to services and brings them back after. While this recruit was out on the town worshiping his god, he smuggles two fun size Milky Way bars back into the base, and eats them... so instead of dumping the wrappers somewhere, he puts them in his pocket along with a letter he was writing to his mommy. One of my shipmates finds it and explained the situation. These two events could get the recruit bounced back to week 01. Anyway, he is put on probation and is closely monitored for about 5 days.

My shipmate tells me this recruit keestered the milky ways back to base....
I interrupted him and asked if he was sure they were milky ways or if they were snickers cause it would have been with nuts...

Apparently they knew exactly what I was saying and meant and all of them couldn't hold the laugh. They each dropped their head for their campaign covers to hide the smiles.
Lol.... True story.