Photo Bucket Issues - Long Rant!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

LM14
United States of America

Photo Bucket Issues - Long Rant!

Post by LM14 »

I'm about fed up with dealing with these idiots, anyone know of a better answer that will still let us post pictures on this site? This is the only site I deal with that I still have to use a 3rd party source to share pictures.

First my account showed it was at 98.7% full all of a sudden. I tried to buy ad free space at the lowest level but their site refused to process my request. I sent a message to their IT support and after a couple days I got a response from Robert the Robot. That response had absolutely nothing to do with my question at the time. From that email I could respond directly to IT and (supposedly) get human help. Crickets. After 3 weeks of sending the same email over and over again I finally got a human. She said she checked and my account was nowhere near full. It only had 6% of the space filled. Hmmmmm. When I went back to look the numbers had all changed. Never did figure out why it wouldn't sell me space and they didn't seem to want to help me with that issue so I dropped it and put up with all their annoying ads.

A couple weeks ago in Sunday night chat, we got to discussing how much problems some of us were having with PB. I was able to see my pictures but was unable to copy them to share elsewhere. Nothing happened, it looked like all the links were dead. I sent a message to IT again and guess what? Robert the Robot sent me info on how to change my settings. This had nothing to do with settings, it had everything to do with PB having a big mess on their hands. I immediately sent a fairly scathing message to the IT people at PB again. Nothing. Then today out of the blue I get this response:

Hello Steve,
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you and am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. This is a known issue affecting several users and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!
Thank you for your patience and again, I am terribly sorry for this inconvenience!

Well, guess PB has some major issues, they know it, have known it for several months from all the complaints on their own message board and they don't seem to be able to fix it in a wholesale manor. Strangely, the day before I got the response from them, I could once again copy my pictures to post elsewhere. Hmmmmm, again. If you are having trouble with PB in any manor I suggest contacting them, killing Robert the Robot or using him as a hostage to get to their actual IT people. Each time I contact IT they seem to fix my problem but it takes a lot of time. Wonder if they are fixing this for everyone because I still see a lot of others on the PB message board that are still having issues but they quit after getting their Robert the Robot response. I get the distinct feeling they are only fixing it for those that are complaining.

Beat them up, scream at them, dent the robot, seems to be the only way to get any action with PB at all these days. Sounds like they have a lot of problems and if you are using it for your picture storage I suggest some other backup. I get the feeling it's all going to implode soon.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
slick4x4
United States of America

Re: Photo Bucket Issues - Long Rant!

Post by slick4x4 »

Seems like I have to jump through higher & smaller hoops
Than I did years ago with photobucket....
I know I post way less pics because of it :cussing:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

To say I am not technologically savvy would be a vast understatement, as well as a widely recognized fact! However, there has GOT to be a better alternative; please, somebody!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Jason_S
United States of America

Post by Jason_S »

For photos destined to go up on a forum I used Picasaweb a lot. That is until Google abandoned the platform.

I've used Flickr for over a decade now, mostly for posting my aviation shots. Since the demise of Picasaweb, I've started to put forum photos on Flickr too. Once uploaded, it's fairly easy to size photos and post to a forum.
"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"

1964 F-100, 223/3-spd
bobenhotep
United States of America

Post by bobenhotep »

I have been able to post pictures from Google Photos. This forum seems to tolerate it, but others don't.

Dan
For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble

My '63 short wrongbed

"The Iron Rhino"
300 I6, 3 spd manual, DS II/ HEI ignition.

Stuff I added to Hints and tricks

-300-6 choke tube repair
-duraspark II/ HEI
-Horn ring contact tube repair
-turn signal indicator fix

Mikhail Kalashnikov and Nikola Tesla are the guys i think of when i build things.

The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

The main advantage of Photobucket is the easy "click to copy" on IMG links. Beyond that I find the interface to be very clunky and completely overrun with ads, not to mention the frequent issues where an image only displays at a thumbnail size. I still have a bunch of forum-related stuff on PB but recently signed up for Flickr. Copying an image link is a little more involved but you can specify what size you want to post fairly easily, and the overall layout of albums is much cleaner. Not perfect but it is free.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

I'm not complaining
I applaud The guys that keep this site going :clap:
As far as my computer skills go....
I'm a carburetor guy in a fuel injected world
I know just enough to get by.....
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
grump

Post by grump »

I wish I was as smart as Pat. I'm a horse and buggy guy in a fuel injected world. I can figure out about any paint system but I have problems wrapping my head around computers.
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

Pat and Grump, that's how I am. I kind of know how to do a few things but then it quite working and nothing makes me madder than the people that own something you depend on not doing their jobs.

PB is bad enough to work with since it has all the commercials, siting thru those then not being able to do something once they were thru was driving me nuts. Mine works again. People need to get on them to fix it if they are having problems. Doesn't sound like they are working too hard at it.

SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I use the PB and their apps on my phone. It's the only way I know how to post photos. Only issue I see right now is this pops up every time I use the app. It holds you hostage for a minute before really opening.

The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yeah well Pat and Grump, I would of gotten on about this earlier but I dropped my slate and chalk and they smashed to bits

Now PB !, I tried to pay their 15 bucks a year for add free usage, and for 15 seconds it seemed great. Then back to the same old crap, slooooowww to do anything and hey I didn't click on that !

I'm beat, sick to death of PB, think I'll got and snort some beer! :barf: :hello:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
grump

Post by grump »

Wait Alan wait, can we watch again?? :lol:
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

I used photobucket last night. Click to copy was not working. ctrl-c was not working. Right click and select copy did work.

I usually resize images for forums so that the largest dimension is 800 pixels or smaller. This allows you to store more photos. It is also considerate for users who don't have fast internet connections as fast internet is still not available everywhere. The way cameras, and even phones are today, cutting that 8, 10, 12 or larger megapixel image down to a 800 x XYZ pixel dimension significantly decreases the file size, which is still big enough, in most cases, for people to see on the web and loads quickly for those with slow connections. If anyone wants a larger pic, they can ask.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Please save the snorting of beer til SLICKSTOCK.....
if not P L E A S E video it
I need a good laugh !
charliemccraney

Post by charliemccraney »

I guess they finally got to me. My pictures are no longer showing up. Got the email, too.
Last edited by charliemccraney on July 12, 2017, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lawrenceville, Ga
1961 F100 Unibody
318 Y-block (292 +.070 bore, +.170 stroke), FMS T5-Z w/Mustang 10.5" diaphragm clutch.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

My photos on here in old posts have mostly disappeared, and today I got a email from them, saying that I have been a naughty boy using PB on other 3rd party sites. They now want me to up grade my account to Plus 500, I think not !. I'm going to retrieve the one off photos I have on PB and bid them a fairdy well :arse: !!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I Got An Email This Morning From P.B. Wanting Me To Pay. I Plan On Deleting All My Pictures And Finding Another Option. These Guys Will Bury Themselves By Using This Approach I'm Sure...