Photo Bucket

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Michelle
United States of America

Photo Bucket

Post by Michelle »

I got a notice from Photo Bucket that I needed to update my membership if I wanted to continue 3rd party posting of pictures. So I am expecting to have to pay them twenty five or thirty dollars a year for the service. When I get there they are wanting 399.00 dollars a year for third party posting. I guess all my pictures posted here will be deleted by Photo Bucket because I am not paying that ridicules amount of money. I guess when they offer the free service and you get a couple of hundred photos posted on various sites that they stick a gun in your ribs and try to blackmail you to keep your pictures posted. I guess I will not be able to post anymore pictures on this site or any other sites because I will not let them blackmail me.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
shipwrecked
United States of America

Re: Photo Bucket

Post by shipwrecked »

We all got the same notice and refuse to pay. It's a quick way for Photobucket to commit suicide.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Michelle, I have heard several members on different site's posting comments about these problems. Yours is the first post I've seen with specifics on pricing. Greed has again cropped up on the internet. I have trouble looking for things on the internet, this did not happen a few years ago. The adds popping up on the sides of my screen stop my computer from doing anything until those load. It's frustrating and takes extra time in finding answers to my questions. There are no laws that I know of protecting the end user from this kind of abuse. The pop ups and other things causing slow downs and absolute stoppage of my computer are or should be against the law as it is a violation of my rights, as I pay for the service and usage of the internet. That being said, I'm sure that as a subscriber to the internet I have agreed to let them do damn near anything they want when I signed on, but I don't believe I agreed to loss of usage caused by what they want to do, and this is my complaint. Greed I understand, and it is rampant in our society. Look at the cost of shipping. Greyhound has nearly doubled their shipping prices in the last couple of years and are charging an extra fuel surcharge although fuel is cheaper than it was some time back.

Rich
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

shipwrecked wrote:We all got the same notice and refuse to pay. It's a quick way for Photobucket to commit suicide.
Sure looks like that is what they are wanting to do. I would be very surprised if few or any takes their offer. Their nuts. Hopefully Slick 60's will get their own photo hosting system. A lot of good pictures will be lost if Photo Bucket does drop us. It makes me wonder if they are bluffing us trying to get more money. Heavens knows they are making money off all the advertising that holds me up for ten minutes when I do try and post a picture. If they aren't bluffing and start dropping it will be a ghost town over there.
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
MY OL 66
United States of America

Post by MY OL 66 »

Michelle wrote:
shipwrecked wrote:We all got the same notice and refuse to pay. It's a quick way for Photobucket to commit suicide.
Sure looks like that is what they are wanting to do. I would be very surprised if few or any takes their offer. Their nuts. Hopefully Slick 60's will get their own photo hosting system. A lot of good pictures will be lost if Photo Bucket does drop us. It makes me wonder if they are bluffing us trying to get more money. Heavens knows they are making money off all the advertising that holds me up for ten minutes when I do try and post a picture. If they aren't bluffing and start dropping it will be a ghost town over there.
Michelle: I was in the same "bucket" as everyone else, so I spent a couple hours yesterday moving all my photos out of Photobucket over to Postimage. I probably do not have as many photos on here as you do (approximately 100), but I now have all of my photos back onto our site.
Steve F
1965 Mustang Coupe
1966 F-100 Shortbed CC/Ranger
2010 Mustang GT Convertible
2010 Shelby GT500 Convertible
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Steve, I have several thousand post on here. It would days to go over all my post and replace the pictures that posted. I can move all my pictures over to another site, but the time will be replacing them one by one on this site.
Michelle

Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Hey nice to see you back on Tim :D can you shed some light on your post ? :P
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

Looks like PB is softening their hostage negotiation

I’m still not paying this!
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
mercuryv8
Canada

Post by mercuryv8 »

So what is the best way to post pictures now?

Nic