Too quiet around here......

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Re: Too quiet around here......

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Good to see your still on here Lyman ! :D
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
shipwrecked
United States of America

Post by shipwrecked »

I'm still unpacking, figuring out the house madness, been working the new job and nursing a poor back here and there.

My garage still looks like a war zone. My truck is still on my trailer in the driveway waiting for time to get into the garage,

My landlord is in a fight with the paid contractor to come in and finish his job he started a month ago. I've been stood up four time since I got here where they did a shit job to paint and won't clear his stuff out the garage.

I'm kind of stuck,

Need some information on getting my hood hinges rebuilt.
The months may change, but I am always APRIL
'63 F100 Custom Cab 223inline 6, 3speed manual- mostly stock
https://www.youtube.com/coastiereid
Truck has been home in CA,OR,WA,NJ,VA since it's birth in San Jose Jan63
Michelle
United States of America

Post by Michelle »

Its the greed of Photo Bucket that has slowed everything down. We had years of pictures that were lost. I still have them on my computer but it would take me months to go over each of my previous post and reattach the pictures. It takes the wind from your sail and brings you down a little. If I find another site to host third party pictures, I wonder how ling it will take for them to try and hold you up?
Michelle

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. A Republic is a well-armed sheep.

I hope I always stay crazy, because I know if I ever become sane, it will drive me crazy.
pikupmn
United States of America

Post by pikupmn »

Hey Y'all, I know I ain't been on here much since the last SS, but I have been working on Pearlie Mae. PB pissed me off and I AIN'T never wanted anything to do with Book Face. Now , with that said, I still check out this site every week and try to see whats up with all the Slicksters. I can't possibly express my gratitude for ALL the help I've gotten from the members, even when I ask the dumbest questions. Hopefully SS8 will be when I get to drive A SLICK to our trucks' family reunion. So, everybody take care and I'll see y'all at SS. Jeff
it's never too late to have a happy childhood

1966 Long Box 5/8 ton wha.gif
2012 F150 XLT Super Crew 3.5 TWIN TURBO ......yee haw
2000 Road King
jeepbut
United States of America

Post by jeepbut »

I still read this forum 2-3 times a week. Never have posted much. Just don't feel compelled to post "Good Job" every time someone pounds out a small dent in a fender, but if I ever pound out a small dent in a fender, you better all post "Good Job"!
orangeRcode
United States of America

Post by orangeRcode »

jeepbut wrote:I still read this forum 2-3 times a week. Never have posted much. Just don't feel compelled to post "Good Job" every time someone pounds out a small dent in a fender, but if I ever pound out a small dent in a fender, you better all post "Good Job"!
I want to do my part to keep you pumped up. Good Job! :clap:
The Big M
Canada

Post by The Big M »

shipwrecked wrote:My garage still looks like a war zone.
Just coming up on the end of a long moving process too, which presented the opportunity (or necessity) to do a tiny bit of work to get the truck trailer-ready, so I rebooted my build thread.

The PB issue definitely mucks up the build threads but I should be able to get mine rearranged fairly simply. Not sure I'll bother trying to resurrect the Canadian-built truck data thread but we'll see how things go on that front.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

I think you were interested in the F600 tires I had for sale some time back. Are you still interested? May be able to deliver to Wichita as I will be there in August. May even bring these to you, if still interested.

Rich
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

64 f100 wrote:I think you were interested in the F600 tires I had for sale some time back. Are you still interested? May be able to deliver to Wichita as I will be there in August. May even bring these to you, if still interested.

Rich
Were these the 8.25 20 mudgrips ?
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

There is always an ebb and flow to be sure.

It will be interesting to see what replaces photobucket..If anything.... I personally think it was a miracle PB lasted that long, I don't know of anyone that ever bought anything thru them.

As for the facebook site it isn't now or ever really connected to this site. While we invented the generic term Slicks for our trucks.. we did not start or run
that Facebook site.
Truckrat
United States of America

Post by Truckrat »

Guys, I too have been spending way too much time
Over on the Facebook Fridge and Slick pages too! Like things
over here a lot better. Way too much politics and drama over
there in between useful things that I might want to read about.
And that fella was right about how much time is taken doing that!
Lots easier posting pics over there though! I will give them that!
SS is a year away, and still need to make a reservation.
I will probably post more over here now as the time counts down.
Look forward to seeing everyone again as well as new faces too!
Hope we all can get our trucks roadworthy for it! TR
kelwar

Post by kelwar »

I have noticed the slow down too. I usually just lurk and don't post to much and a lot of the time I don't log in. I've been working hard on my truck the last couple months and would like to get it finished (drivable) this year I have only been working on it for 6 years. I guess I am lucky in the sense I havnt started my build thread yet and didn't have a ton of pics on Photobucket. I have seen recently other people using google photos and am wondering if that is a viable option for our pictures?