LED shop lights

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Jerry D
United States of America

LED shop lights

Post by Jerry D »

I saw this thread over at vintagesleds.com (there's a few members here that are members there too), and thought I'd throw out a link to it. I ditched my florescent fixtures in my garage years ago, but if I still had them, this would be the way to go.

http://vintagesleds.com/bs/index.php/to ... 282.0.html

Jerry
Toyz
United States of America

Re: LED shop lights

Post by Toyz »

After buying LED fixtures for one shop; I have started changing out the 8 ft. Flourescent lamps in my newer shop to LEDs from Amazon. I am pleased with them as well; no more perrenenial bulbs failing to work or flickering.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
bruceandersson

Post by bruceandersson »

I saw an article on instructables.com (http://www.instructables.com/id/Inexpen ... ED-Strips/) that showed how to make your own led shop lists using standard parts. Saved a ton of money over just converting tubes. Very tempting even though I recently added a bunch more 8' florescent.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Thanks For Posting This. I Picked-Up A Really Cool Art-Deco Looking 3-Bulb Fixture And The Ballasts Were Shot. Its A Prime Candidate For This Conversion. My Garage Is Finally Getting Wired For Lighting And A Welder This Year. :D ........
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Bought an led light for my work bench from rural king. Makes a loud buzz in my FM radio,I don't believe its been certified by the FCC.