Hey Kid,, this is what talking about few weeks ago in Chat

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Hey Kid,, this is what talking about few weeks ago in Chat

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Darrell this is one of those 20' x 8'6" high overseas containers and went picked up 1 today. Going to use for storage,, One container is for 73/79 parts,, Then will get another for 67/72 parts and another for 61/66 parts.. Some might ask why this :?: , Well if say a tree comes down I will not worry about damaging anything unlike say a metal building..,, Their website show them making all kind of custom works from bars/eating places to living quarters on them as well. How bout this for a :idea: , have seen some made in storm shelters as well not a big as a 20' but that's something to think about. Now tomorrow's project is how to get it off the truck :lol: as where it need to be also

Ken will post one we get it off the truck

http://slick60s.com/gallery/image.php?a ... e_id=12654
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
Toyz
United States of America

Re: Hey Kid,, this is what talking about few weeks ago in Ch

Post by Toyz »

After Hurricane Ike; my insurance companies argued over whether my fence was taken down by water or wind. Problem solved, I built a 3' tall x 8' wide berm just inside the property line! I lined it with 20' and 40' Sea Cans with 20' fenced openings at the opposing door ends.
My brother set up up as an emergency shelter, elevated and anchored 4' high, with emergency generator and rooftop RV a/c and water and fuel storage. They are also available as insulated reefer units, negating the need to add rooftop air.
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Life's too short for boring vehicles!
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

We nearly lost a new Pete rollback while unloading due to the driver getting partly off the berm with rollback already elevated, so be careful if you haven't unloaded already!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
My quest to develop a universal solvent is held up by the lack of a storage container.
Paul
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Paul really came off better off that expected,, Hard part was getting it pretty straight and then getting it out since we had just around 60' to do this in,, truck 40' long container 20' and a fence post in the way. We took the gate off, then run a bridle chain off the rollback with 2 chains going through the eye and attached to some trees at the back. Put 3 railroad ties down so it was not on the ground. Then 1 strap on each side wrapped some more trees at the front so the container would come off straight, once we got stretched out had to back the truck back under at a angle so we can make that hard turn, once we got the truck out came back with the fork lift to raise enough tension off those front straps then lowered it down AND Below is the end result, took about 2 hours :clap: :clap: :clap: ,, Already putting some loose parts in this one for the 73/79 trucks since that's all that will be in this container

http://slick60s.com/gallery/image.php?a ... e_id=12655
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

unibody madness
United States of America

Post by unibody madness »

You did a fine job!
Just to let you know sea cans are designed to sit on the corner castings, that's how they put them on the ship with twistlocks or stacking cones on all corners, nothing else touches.
I am trying to figure out how to keep critters out from under mine
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

No critter problem here, unless you count crawfish! I cinder-blocked my forty footer at the center anchor points as well, mostly to spread the load on the soil. Original plan was to store the tractors and equipment in the 40 footer. Somehow, the needed tractor is always blocked by the others, and the ROPS bars have to be folded to fit. Now I'm shopping for a high cube 40 footer with doors on each end!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

that is cool. i thought about buying one myself and use for parts storage. A guy could build racks in them and really get alot of stuff in them.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Darrell get some of those meat hooks used on swinging meat trailers and weld them inside so you can hang some high things or 2 for each grill be hanged, get some milk crates for those smaller misc. parts. This one has steel loops inside up by the roof and floor already welded about 8 of them on each side,, just remember to leave a walkway

Kathy thought of this :?: on next 2 leave a distance between the 2 so we can put a steel roof between the 2 on top and on backside to make it like a steel garage to be able to work inside out of the wind,, well that's down the road a bit
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Tom I have seen that done sometimes the put a regular truss roof on top. Power company construction crews use those and do that on their larger station projects and Just use the cans themselves set up as mobile work shops they pick up and move site to site
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

Pretty popular down here! I bought a bunch of 34' trusses for that purpose; don't know if they'll end up in that usage!
Good thing here is that so far the tax collector has ignored them;more than I can say for my permanent buildings!
Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
tomrooster
United States of America

Post by tomrooster »

I use mine to store a truck but I had to add a side door so I could get out .Tom

1966 F250 Camper Special parts truck
1966 F 100 w/391 ft
1965 F 100 project
1958 Edsel Pacer Convertible
1953 ford Customline 2 door
1952 8N
1967 triumph Bonneville

I'm still not a good welder but I've become a good grinder
Toyz
United States of America

Post by Toyz »

That's what I need on my enclosed trailer! I'm getting too fat and awkward to squeeze out the little opening between door and body!

Paul
The Ford Orphanage
Paul
FlintMich
United States of America

Post by FlintMich »

Those are great ideas! I especially like the idea of using the reefer box in the summer. I wish my township would allow me to have shipping containers on my property. Evidently someone in the past gave them reason to write an ordinance forbidding them in this township.
I even went as far as to ask "what if I agreed to pay tax on them as a structure?" But they wouldn't budge. They weren't jerks about it, they just said they couldn't allow one person without allowing everyone. I get it. But I'm still bummed about it. I had plans similar to what Tom / Kathy had mentioned. I had it drawn up in Sketchup and everything - it was pretty special - lol. Oh well, I guess I better worry about finishing my pole barn before I worry about the "box-barn" as my wife called it. lol
TJ

If some is good, more is better, and too much is just right! ~ Shayf
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

castruck_1964 wrote:Tom I have seen that done sometimes the put a regular truss roof on top. Power company construction crews use those and do that on their larger station projects and Just use the cans themselves set up as mobile work shops they pick up and move site to site
We had one for years as a on site storage shed, moved it from site to site as we needed, had to box out the back to fit lengths of pipe in.. pipe 6m ( 20')long and containers are 6m long on the outside
the big problem with them is the roof is rather flimsy but water tight.. the sky is the limit of what you can do with them https://www.google.com.au/search?q=hous ... XlQ6seEBwM:
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

ALAN that's is some good ideas they have with those storage containers, I guess if you can dream it ,they can build it
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch

Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

Yeah Tom, I could easily live in some of them, there's some clever people around !
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif