Hey !!! .... POST SOMETHING !

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

unibody madness
United States of America

Re: Hey !!! .... POST SOMETHING !

Post by unibody madness »

I am tearing down close to two thirds, and rebuilding under a remodel permit to keep costs down. What is there is really a mess, and I did not want to put lipstick on a pig so I am starting with new.
Allen pm me your e mail as I do not think the firm I am using wants his plans on the web.
Pat, Had I the time and money to do this 10-12 years ago I would have done it myself, and God bless you if you can still do this. I however focused my time and energy working so I could retire, and now I can afford to have it done.
Turk build thread at:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18944

It does not matter what you think, it only matters what you do about it!
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Since I can live in this house & work on the other
With no time restrictions .. and it being a few minutes away
I'm going to try to do a lot
Then hire a handyman & help him do stuff like Sheetrock
I'm just ready for a smaller house
That is well insulated & tight
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Not much here. Going to try to get my other chop top cab home next weekend and go from there. if I can not make a template off the window in it I will just swap the cab over to the frame I have and go from there. I think that might be the best plan so far.
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

here is our weeks adventure,, Brought Truck in Ford for exhaust Gaskets,, Did not touch it till Thursday,, Told us on wed. that they pushed it back out due to no parts Bull cause I made a special trip so parts where on the front seat... When all the time telling them that truck got to go, well went to pick up today, says done BULL Still same noise so now a whole new exhaust manifold has to have , Told them next day air for Monday.. What is it with these Ford Dealerships, one person test drives it while the other fixes it so the dummy test driving it never told mechanic it was still messed up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So once again do not get to go to Pate :( :(
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

It's called "passing the buck"
And it's running rampant in every nook & cranny
Way easier to blame the other guy to make themselves look innocent
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Pat here is how one place in Nevada does it
you tell them what's wrong with the truck
So they have one person to test drive what's wrong
Then a Mechanic fixes it ? maybe
Now another different person test drives it
So then you are paying 125 to 150 per hour for all 3 of these persons

So now it has here in NC and imagine other places are starting to do it, just another way to take money from the American Public
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Some things can't be explained

I had a guy come over with some stainless steel trim off a 1956 T-Bird for me to fix the dents and polish it out. He got everything out of his car and walked right past my Silverado pick up..."I know, I know, but this truck plays a big part in what happened, so I HAD to mention it". He come in, we laid out all the pieces, I priced it, he said ok, left it with me and went back home.
Knowing it would be a week or two before I could start on it, I took all the pieces and put them in a box with his name on it. In doing so, I noticed that he had one piece of molding that did NOT have a mate to it for the opposite side. Later he called and said, I got home and found another piece that goes with what you have so I'm bringing it over. I KNEW that was the piece that I was missing, but when he got here, it was still a different piece than what I had discovered to be missing.
I showed him the one I had and said it has a mate to it but it's not here. He said it's probably in my shop, I'll find it and get it to you. That was 4 months ago and he hasn't been back.

NOW, 7 months ago I had new tires put on back of my Silverado, and they were going to put my best take off under the truck for a spare. They inserted the rod that you turn to let the tire down, but turning it in either direction it made a slipping noise and wouldn't come down. Well, 2 weeks ago I was going on a long trip and decided to try and get my spare under the truck where it belongs before I left. I backed the truck into my shop, inserted the rod to let the tire down, and amazingly enough it worked like a charm and didn't slip at all.

BUT....

What do you think i found pinched between the spare tire and the frame when I lowered the spare tire? The matching piece of stainless for the T-Bird that was missing. My hair nearly stood up on my head.
I've always been crafty at investigating things and figuring out how things were done....but to this day, I have NO explanation for this one............. ANY IDEAS?
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Hmmmmmm....
Sounds pretty weird :shock:
Not sure if I can blame ghost.. or aliens ...
So....
I'll just blame the chebby :rotflmao:
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

slick4x4 wrote:Hmmmmmm....
Sounds pretty weird :shock:
Not sure if I can blame ghost.. or aliens ...
So....
I'll just blame the chebby :rotflmao:
You may be right.....

My wife was sure she had the answer. She said the man accidentally dropped it when he walked past the truck. I asked her "well how did it get on top of my spare tire where I found it?" She said well you do have a lot of squirrels around your shop. She's right but I haven't taught them how to lower the spare and the raise it back up to pinch the piece of trim between it and the frame.

Everything leads back to square one.....
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

I've been a few places and met a lot of different people. It seems a lot of them when asked "how are you" throw things back at you that are NEW to me, or should I say strange. Everyone has a problem, or an un-cureable disease that only 1 in 10 million seem to get. SO........

I​'ve decided to make this public, because I ​want everyone to know that I have a mild case​,​ of what they call CS. It eats itself into your brain​, and you can't get rid of it​. I've had it since I was a kid, mainly due to the way I was raised. My 3 brothers have it too, we were all effected by it. My parents had the worst cases of it. When I tell people about the CS they usually say "I'm so sorry", not really understanding. I quit school in the 9th grade, but several years later got my GED, but never did any college (sorry to say). I'm still not very intelligent by some folks standards. However, I learned something when I was 9 years old, working in tobacco for the summer, that has stuck with me all this time.

I learned at that early age, that if you're spending more than you make, you simply cut back on your spending, and you never go broke or bankrupt. Let's pray that this country, someday will get a President and other elected politicians with a little bit of CS, so they too will understand how valuable it is to be labeled with something that most folks think is so dreaded. So don't feel sorry for me because I have it​,​ because the CS I'm speaking of is Common Sense. You will never be able to save $$$$ without it, but according to some of those who don't have it, "MIDDLE CLASS AMERICA IS DOING GOOD".

Especially remember this ​when voting for ANY politician​​......​
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

Here is my theory on common sense & work ethic
Every generation doubles the % of those who have neither ... :cussing:

So way back in the pre 1900s , pretty much everybody worked for what they needed

Then in 1900 1 guy out of a 100 was a leach on society ...
he let the Other 99 take care of him

By 1920 his kids made it 2 out of a 100

1940 4%
1960 8%
1980 16%

In 2000 seemed like about a 1/3 of the people were on the dole

2020 is right around the corner ...is the working man going to be the minority ? :(
grump

Post by grump »

A guy I used to work with told a story about someone he graduated with. I think this was in the late 50s or early 60s, during graduation practice several classmates were talking about what they were going to do after graduation, some said they were going to college, some were going to work in factories , a couple were going into the service. One of the boys didn't say anything about what he was going to do so someone asked him what he was planning on doing after graduation and he told them he was heading down to the welfare office to sign up for welfare because if it was good enough for his parents and his grandparents it was good enough for him. That's sad but seems even more true today.
oldsmiley
United States of America

Post by oldsmiley »

Like Roosevelt said in trying to strengthen America from the depression. He said the first thing needed was to restore mans pride, because they had lived off handouts for so long it didn't bother them anymore.

That's the same way it is today.

I know anyone could end up homeless at any time. But I know me well enough, that if I held up a piece of cardboard begging for money, the 1st $40.00 I got would buy me a new pair of pants, a clean t-shirt, and a bar of soap. I'd bath in the creek, get dressed and find me a job doing anything. In 2 months I'd have me a room somewhere and start banking money for a better life. One that I worked for.......