Fords big news ... only two cars !

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

foodstick

Fords big news ... only two cars !

Post by foodstick »

I could not believe this when I heard it. Talking about a dramatic change ! Only two models released in the USA..
Hopefully they will be the best, at good prices. Its hard to imagine..
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Re: Fords big news ... only two cars !

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

cannot say if it's true but heard Ford is going to do away with the Mustang :?: :?: :?: ???? :?: :?: :?: :( :(
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ThinLizzy13
United States of America

Post by ThinLizzy13 »

I read they’re keeping the mustang and coming out with the Ford Focus active. They plan on trucks and utility vehicles to be their new aim. That’s a bummer.
'63 F100 223 3OT
‘20 F150 XL
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

tomsrod
United States of America

Post by tomsrod »

What happened to government ordered fuel mandates? Ford can't possibly meet those mandates with trucks and suvs. We have both a 2013 F150 and a 2015 Escape and neither one gets better than 15mpg city. If only I could sock away a few Ford coupes or sedans for future use.

Pat
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I think the fuel targets were lowered a bit.

Supposedly Ford is really doing well with the bigger vehicles and things are looking good. But wow, only two cars.. That is still hard to comprehend.

And not to start a hate fest on Tesla... But they are in HUGE trouble.. and the other electric cars about to be released are going to make it even harder on them. Supposedly Porsche has a car coming with comparable performance but it looks much better.. and is the same price as the Tesla...Talk is Musk could be on the way out of control of the company and they might only have 4 months time left to get their production cranked up enough to save them....

The battery tech is still not good enough in my opinion for cars.. the next big break through in batteries might make the difference. I use some hi tech batteries in my RC airplanes, and I would hate to have to buy and trust long term those expensive batteries in a super hot or cold climate.
LM14
United States of America

Post by LM14 »

They are banking on a rollback of CAFE requirements to allow them to concentrate on the bigger vehicles. Cars aren't selling, crossovers and pickups are. Ford has a new COO and he's not from the automotive world. He's kind of know as a streamliner, short-timer and not afraid to rattle everyone.
SPark
1932 Ford 5 window coupe. 302/C4
1962 8V-390/C6 Unibody Short Bed Soon to be Big Window - The Lincoln that never was
2013 F150 Super Crew Eco Boost 4x4
2015 Ford Edge for the little lady, because she said so!
2007 Mustang GT, 4.6-3V/5 Speed. Only 8680 miles on the clock.

More toys, I need more toys!!!
jamesdfo
Canada

Post by jamesdfo »

One of the commenter's in the link I posted above said this:(brackets are my clarifications)

"They (FORD) make money hand over fist on Trucks and SUV’s and that’s where they are going to focus. If they have to pay a fine for failing to meet CAFE, then so be it. FCA’s been doing it for years."(FCA = Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)

It's a sad commentary when it gets to the point where:

1) They're making that much money

and

2) It's easier/cheaper to pay the fines than it is to meet the CAFE standards
Jason_S
United States of America

Post by Jason_S »

Ford probably is just trimming out the loss leaders.

To meet emissions standards, a bunch of vehicles that few desire are produced and sold at a low price to offset the emissions of the desired vehicles which also command a higher price to cover the difference in revenue.

In the long run, it may make sense to get rid of the loss leaders and pay any fines.
"1) Peace through strength; 2) Trust but verify; 3) Beware of evil in the modern world"

1964 F-100, 223/3-spd
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

We have already lost Ford manufacturing cars/ trucks here in Australia, but we did finally get Mustangs imported
Hopefully we might get some F series here as well, although the Ranger is a great little truck.
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif