Treasures under my nose.

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jwh f-100
United States of America

Treasures under my nose.

Post by jwh f-100 »

Next to my house is a building that I own but my father still has use of (part of the deal when I bought it from him). Tonight he came up to load up some scrap steel. He was in the garage handing stuff out to me as I threw it in the bucket of the skidsteer. As we are working along he hands me a steering box.The same one as on my slick..... Stop I said, where did this come from???? It is from a big box of ford parts some one gave me years ago that I forgot was here, He said.

He continues handing me stuff from this box...
From it I saved some items I actually really need for my truck
1. A small block oil pan in ok condition. (actually could of used that a few weeks ago, bought a new one.
2. Clutch z-bar and bracket. (been looking locally high and low)
3. A rear drive shaft section, same spline and u-joint size as mine but longer (when I remount my engine properly I think it will be forward from the PO's mounting butcher job)
4. A spare starter.
5. A few rebuildable wheel cylinders including a single side '63 that may be beyond repair.
6. Two speedo cables that may work for me to hook up my t-18 to the stock guage.
7. One front turn signal lens
8. The steering box.
I think that is about it

I still can not belive this stuff was right under my nose. :D
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
Fanatic

Post by Fanatic »

wow sometimes it pays to be in the right spot....the receiving end!

If your Dad would have done it alone, you would have missed out on all of that.

Tim
INEPTOCRACY: (in-ep'-toc-ra-cy) : a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
jwh f-100
United States of America

Post by jwh f-100 »

Fanatic wrote:wow sometimes it pays to be in the right spot....the receiving end!

If your Dad would have done it alone, you would have missed out on all of that.

Tim

Very true. Still can't belive two magor items I needed were 75 yards from my house in my building. The clutch stuff and the driveshaft were a big score for me. It made my day. I saved a fan blade but also chucked one. I got thinking I should have saved both as one of the spacers may work for me so I called dad and asked him to grab it off the back of his truck. I also asked him what are the chances that stuff came with the '62 (I bought it from him)... He was not certian.... :)

I'll post some pics tommorow. I suffer from dial-up at home. :evil:

EDIT: pics added
the pan on the left is the one from the box. needs to be cleaned up but in fair condition
driveshaft, steering gear, starter (the painted shaft and the more rusted starter are off my truck)
z-bar and bracket.
Last edited by jwh f-100 on April 22, 2008, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason

Beer will change the world.

I don't know how but it will.
slick4x4
United States of America

Post by slick4x4 »

its great when such simple things make us happy

i know people that drive new stuff and their mad about everything!?! :evil:
[b]'' I think what scares me the most about you guys is that I understand you '' ..... KID
'' lookin good, a little paint adds at least 100hp!'' ....... COOTER
'' well an old guy can dream cant he? ''............ICEMAN
''I would donate organs before selling my slick''........ HOOFBEAT RACER
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

[quote="slick4x4"]its great when such simple things make us happy

AMEN Brother!

Alan,
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

yeah, all the crabby ass people in their new cars that break (more often) than the old ones, because they're made from manure. Pay lots of money for a new car, and scream every time something malfunctions.

Like I was out helping one of the professoer here stretch barbed wire on his 40 acre plot when his kid called. Was Screaming that his F***ing door latch was F***ed up and he doesnt know where to take the F***ing car because it's saturday and I cant F***ing believe this happened and he's a F***ing bitch that needs to calm down and get a brain about him!!

he was screaming so loud that I could hear him over the phone like 50 feet away....

SERIOUSLY! It's a stuck door latch man! Get a can of WD40 and FIX IT! not like it's a big deal man....

I think it's ridiculous how so many people act when something breaks.
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage