How I see the whole thing

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

foodstick

How I see the whole thing

Post by foodstick »

I like it more simple than fancy...

decent picture on mainpage

lots of gallery room...commenting on pictures in the gallery is nice.

running quick for people with slow connections is better than award winning graphic, music , flash animations and so on.

a map with members choice to use it or not.

the same boards as we currently have..truck talk, off subject,want ads,hints and tricks, upcoming events......

chat is important to some members...

The poll option on this page might get used now and then...

Honestly the msn site is exactly perfect to me..we have just maxed it out, and its so finicky for some users. I guess thats as good of a guide as any...

If you have some creative additions, that aren't to much work for you..and won't overload the bandwidth challenged ;) thats cool too.
JimDog
United States of America

Re: How I see the whole thing

Post by JimDog »

foodstick wrote:I like it more simple than fancy...

decent picture on mainpage

I would just need a picture that you would like to use. Or we can do the rotating pictures like on the front page of http://www.fordtruk.com (once the page loads, refresh - it pulls in a different photo.)

foodstick wrote:lots of gallery room...commenting on pictures in the gallery is nice.

I have about 10 gb of space available. That should be plenty. My guess is that the existing gallery uses less then 1 gb of space. Commenting and rating of pictures already exists. Just need to get the whole album thing working properly...

foodstick wrote:running quick for people with slow connections is better than award winning graphic, music , flash animations and so on..

This is a very low-bandwidth site, as it is mostly text, and very few graphics. The graphics that are there are small. Should load very quickly

foodstick wrote:a map with members choice to use it or not.

What do you think about this? http://www.frappr.com/slick60s

foodstick wrote:the same boards as we currently have..truck talk, off subject,want ads,hints and tricks, upcoming events......

Done!

foodstick wrote:chat is important to some members...

Done!

foodstick wrote:The poll option on this page might get used now and then...

That is a built in feature. It is turned on by default. If we decide that we do NOT want it, I can turn it off. But I kind of like it...

foodstick wrote:If you have some creative additions, that aren't to much work for you..and won't overload the bandwidth challenged ;) thats cool too.

I'll see what I can find. If you think of anything else, I'll add it and we can all take a look at it to see if it is worth keeping.

Kid - are you out there? I see that you have registered. How about Matt? Anyone else we want to include in these discussions?
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

The map looks good, I am still trying to get a pic to upload in the gallery area without luck, I do have a picture from the truck club... my pen and ink picture....

I think it would be bestto start simple, get all the easy little thing sworking..then ease into any new ideas, or features....
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Well I like what I see so far. How about a truck of the Month on the front page. Maybe a featured project or something like that.....Kid
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

That is a cool idea Darrell.
Last edited by Greg D on April 4, 2006, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

:?: Question, will we be able to transfer threads from the other site? Wouldn't want to lose the ongoing discussions or the tips etc that are already there. There is a wealth of information on the old site that should not be lost. Not saying at all that we shouldn't move here, just a question.

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
foodstick

Post by foodstick »

I imagine we will lose most of the stuff from msn, but then again we lost over 250,000 page hits on the yahoo club, and there was even the excite club before that...could transfer some of the hints and such...
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I will also "restart active threads I posted and am involed in from the old site, can post a link in them there at the appropriate time too. Dang my fat fingers love this edit ability!

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,
Comet

Post by Comet »

I'm willing to start a fund raising thread once you guys get formally up and running (unless it is already). I never go on the MSN site anymore. I'm done with that crap, so I don't know if there has been a formal announcement or what. But I know there are costs to doing this and I'm willing to shake the trees if needed and pitch in myself ofcourse. Foodstick, please don't hesitate to ask. I know a lot of people will ignore the request, but some like myself am willing to financially support this site if needed. I have been associated with several forums where different ideas for raising money were used. If you are interested in some of them, PM me. I'll help where I can, but I also understand you don't want to put people off.
Mark
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I would be willing to copy/paste the REAL hints and tricks that were posted in that section of MSN. There toward the end, it seemed that a lot of people were posting to ASK if someone had done this or that and not to actually type in a hint or trick.
Greg D
United States of America

[color=green]I was just thinkin.........[/color]

Post by Greg D »

History shows that with new members popping in I don't think we will have to worry about people asking about straight axel power steering. :lol:

1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

Cam L Milan,