what was the very first car you wrecked

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

jimbob1021

what was the very first car you wrecked

Post by jimbob1021 »

mine was my mom and dad's 1968 chevy caprice that they had less than a year .it was in the body shop for more than 10 weeks and that was there first new car :oops:
reeses66ford

Post by reeses66ford »

mine was a 1981 chevett. i hit 3 deer never hurt it! if i was in some thing i liked i would be gone.
reese
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

1990 454SS. My one and only Chevy PU. It was also the only new truck I bought new.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I put my 1973 Fiat 124 coupe in a ditch and tore the lower control arm right off the subframe as well as removed most of the oil pan. That car never forgave me. It was a PITA after that until I sold it.
http://www.mongrelmotorsports.homestead.com/files/myCC.JPG
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

The First car/truck I bought was my 63. 2 years latter a UPS truck cut me off and slammed on his brakes to turn and I hit him at 45mph (This is why I will never have drums again)

I am still trying to fix it. Big dreems and a low budget makes for a slow recovery!
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

My factory ordered '79 Cobra Mustang. First and last new car I have ever owned. I was 21.

I was following my buddy down a dark unfamiliar street that forked into a Y. He dissappeared and I hit the concrete planter at the bottom of the Y head on. The entire front end of the car folded under and the car flew oevr the planter and landed inthe parking lot , and proceeded to catch fire.

It was one rare occasion where the seat belt warning buzzer has ticked me off and I put my seatbelt on (I usually didn't wear a seatbelt up til then), and that saved my life. The steering wheel was straight up and caught me under the nose, breaking it, while the floor pan under the brake folded in two, squashing my brake pedal foot up against my shin.

I was in shock and was gonna walk home like that, but someone had called the ambulance/cops. My buddy 's car had rolled as he swerved to miss the planter and his car was on it's roof about 50 ft in front of mine. He had nothing wrong with him. He even drove that car after that for a while. Mine had the passenger's side front wheel imbedded about 1/2 way into the passengers door. It was a goner.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
DocDave

Post by DocDave »

Cant say I've ever wrote one off in the 35 + years I've been on the road. Came close, veeerrrryyy close. All mine died of natural causes. Mechanical or the dreaded tin cancer. :(
Wife lost a 85 Buick wagon from some kid showin off at the highschool. He hit it so hard in the rear, he broke the frame and folded it under the car. Guy only went 50 feet from a stop before he connected.
Cosidering how much of an idiot I was behind the wheel when I was younger. :roll: It realy gives a good argument for there being a higher power in the universe, cause somethin' was lookin out for me. :shock:
From a guy without his Ford that he left on a rock in the North Atlantic.
ABA

Post by ABA »

"81 Mustang
Rolled it over on it's side in a grave yard.
4 speeds, alcohol, and dirt roads don't mix. :o
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

My first wreck that i was driving was a 1986 C#@&y telephone van. Kids on a three wheeler shot right in front of me. left bumper cought the front wheel of the three wheeler. I went in the ditch and the three wheeler went wildley down the center of the road. the two kids were unharmed. Ages 12 and 14. the 14 year old was driving and the high patrol gave him a ticket and told him that this was going to keep him from getting his drivers license when he turned 16.

Lonnie
The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

My first wreck was in my 1970 F-100 long bed in 1973 me & a telephone pole had a slight disagreement,, :oops: Well you know who won, had to replace the left 3/4 front end,,, Kathy's first wreck was my 1966 Mustang Christmas Eve she come over a hill & this guy was talking to his girlfriend with no shoulder & pow of course I was not feeling pain before or after hitting the windshield & dash, it was totaled since then been kinda of quitely lately
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
chop

Post by chop »

1958 Fiat 1100, rolled it over. The thing looked like a monkey having sex with a football before the wreck.
chop :shock:
AngelW28

Post by AngelW28 »

81 Mustang. My "official" first car. I was on a side street trying to get to my favorite parking area before class another kid in a 75 cordova on another side street cut across in front of me. I didn't see him till it was too late and I T-Boned him. Took out his left rear quarter and he almost lost the wheel on the way home, later that evening. The little motor in my car was bad anyway and I got a good deal in the end.
castruck_1964
Canada

Post by castruck_1964 »

Like Doc in my 30 years of driving I have never written off my own vehicle. Used to have a 79 Chev PU work truckand an 1986 T-Bird. Drove bird when it was nice and truck to work most of the time. One Fall week the weather was nice so I was driving back and forth to work every day in the Bird. got up Thursday AM weather was nice but something told me take the truck to work so I did. That evening some non-english speaking SOB turn left right into my path in a brand new K car.Hit that sucker directly in the right front wheel. :oops: :shock: Cop Shows up I'm in my black Karbelt Speed and Custom Jacket. The other Dude is in a shirt and tie so I figure oh well some how this hole mess is going to be my fault. Guy on Street corner saw whole thing. tells cop dude turns in front of me on green light his fault. Dudes brother who does speak english is there claims I asked guy to lie for me. :bs: Cop says guys says he was approched by brother to lie for them. Anyway to finish story dude is charged improper left turn :wink: K car towed away bent in half leaving Giant POOL of coolant and transmission fluid in the intersection :!: :oops:
T-Bird is home in driveway untouched :D , truck drove home needing a fender headlight door and front bumper :roll:
Proving occasionally fate will smile on the good guys and and ths a-holes of the world get what they deserve :!:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

1978 (I think) Mazda RX-4 with a new rotary engine was my first auto "fruit of the loom" moment. I had just stopped for a 4 way intersection when a 16 year old who had just stolen a 57 C@$^*panel truck ran the intersection and tried to drive over the Mazda right at the drivers door. Almost made it. I manages to get my 6 foot 290lb bum 1/2 out of the drivers seet and over the console and into the passanger side. Fortunately the 57 was much higher than the Mazda and the roof smashed down and other than being mad and scared I was OK. It was soon after that I got my first slick. At least now I can hold my own if need be.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I have a similar experience to Castrucks, too. Had a '78 Chebby work truck/beater and left my '79 Capri at home, saving it for "Good" (plus the old Chebby was 150 times more dependable, every time I drove the Capri it cost me $100 in parts, POS)
any way I was driving down a side street on my way home in the rain, and out comes this taxi from the alley. I saw him nose out, and I thought well it's clear here who has the right of way, he'll just nose out and stop.
Wrong.

The taxi pulled right out in from to me, and all I could do was lock'em up (in the rain) So, I slide into him, taking the driver's front fender off the Caprice taxi at the same time. Passenger leaps out of the taxi and starts yelling to the taxi driver that he's a lawyer, and he can swear in court that it was MY fault!! :evil: Ambulance-chasing weasel :evil:

My truck had a little ding in the front licence plate, Nothing else wrong at all, besides knocking all the dirt out of the back of the bumper.... Might have scratched my bumper, but my bumper had more scratches than paint on it already. If it hadn't been slippery I wouldn't have hit him at all.

Anyway cops came, I wrote out my statement in the back of the cop car, next day I had to do the same at the insurance co. Turns out the insurance co's have "Conventions".. "if X happens and Y is in this position. Y's insurance co pays". That applied to my situation, the taxi was clearly coming out of a side alley, that made it his fault in the insurance co's eyes and I never did have to go to court.

Glad I wan't driving the Capri though, would have been a $500 dollar part day that time. :?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

First wreck......well does putting one of your drinking buds through the windshield count?

I took my chevelle 300 sedan down this same raod for at least thirty times to the old swimming hole. Well this time i managed to have six buds in the car along with a few cases of our favorite beer....

Seems the farmer drove a long piece of 100# RR Rail into the ground in the middle of the hump in the dirt path. all the other times i cleared it this time i didn't....Stopped the car dead in its tracks from about 30 miles per hour....Well Dino ended up on the hood along with the remanants of the windshield...Try explaining that to your parents.....

Good thing we had beer along to laugh about it the rest of the night....

Garbz
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

I have never totalled one either, had a few mishaps along the way though. 1st one was my 1971 Camro RS, I bumped into the back of a 74 Nova, bent but repairable damage to my split bumper front end and a new rear bumper for the Nova. My best one however was when a bent lifting arm (the shop kept refusing to fix it) on an automated trash truck I was driving had a very personal physical encounter with a parked Dodge Neon 6 years ago, just plain ripped the whole side off the car! After the company had to write a $10,000 check for the Neon the arm was repaired the next AM, go figure. They weren't amused however when I told them that people pay alot of money for those paint jobs that look like the sheetmetal on the car is torn open and I had gotten it done for free!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
CaliRob

Post by CaliRob »

Mine was a 1984 Dodge truck. I had just got it all painted and it was sweet. I dead centered a El camino that came across the road at night with no lights on. I was doin about 95mph.......There was not much left on my truck that wasent broke or bent. The officer said it was a no fault accident...

Rob
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

I had a 50 Ford Coupe which I put a 301 Blow Tie hand grenade engine in. It had the dual quad WCFB Carters, Dual point Delco Dizzy, a #"097", Fuely, cam. It went thru a B-W 4gear, from a 57 Vette. I was running a 57 Blow Tie with 245 hp option & had 6-8 cars lengths on him.

I went for a 2nd-3rd powershift with the SB screaming a high "E". It was when I punched the clutch that my life & world changed. That stupid SB decided to rid itself of flywheel & back of the block in one grand gesture. The was an explosion, hot oil, flying shrapnel, sparks, twisted metal came in the back of the coupe thru the floor behind my driver seat.
:oops:

The engine dropped onto my "dropped tie rod" locking my steering after I pole vaulted over the 4 speed & my drive shaft. I slammed back down to earth unable to steer. Since shrapnel either killed the Master cylinder or cut my brake lines, I had no brakes. I was a passenger in a flying pile of debris. I hit the retaining wall, careened across 3 lanes, bounced off a center guard rail and then back into the retaining wall. Whatever was left came grinding to a halt in a shower of sparks. :shock: :shock: :shock:

What really amazed me was there was no fire!. I could not get my door open. I used a window to exit. I smelled gasoline leaks from punctures in the fuel tank which was full of Gulf Crest. One of my buddies came to my rescue. When he stopped, I jumped into his 57 Fairlane 300. As we drove away I flipped a freshly lit lucky strike back towards my wrecked coupe.
I will say it went out of its' misery with a bang. :roll: :lol:

It wasn't too much later Schiefer came out with a flywheel & clutch that could deal with 8K Rpm, and Lakewood began making scatter shields, and street racing became much safer. But ya know, when any of us reconoiter & recount, that tale gets told again. . . . :lol: :cheers: :lol: :roll:

I don't know if I was stupid or just crazy, but I do know I refuse to operate engines with the only main thrust bearing on the last journal of the Crank & Block right there at a flywheel. What a dumb design that is. No saftey stuff was even available when I learned this lesson. it was June of 1957. :?

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant