Testing my skills on the new site!

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

needmoretime

Testing my skills on the new site!

Post by needmoretime »

I[img]s everyone reposting their gallery over here or starting a new one? What happens to the msn site? Does it get towed off the coast of Jersey and sunk for a reaf or would the fishies find it to difficut to get around? :roll:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

If all goes as it did in the past, the old site will go to seed pretty fast.

Sad, for some, but true.

The picture albums over there will not go away until Foodstick someday decides he is taking that old site down, or deletes the group. In other words, he might not do that for years, but once the level of activity drops below a certain level in those groups, MSN automatically deletes them , at least temorarily. This happened to the California Chapter just recently, but they were able to revive theirs.

I think they just go into a sort of stasis, recoverable for a short period of time or lost to oblivion if the owner does not choose to revive the patient.

This site was on deaths door at one time too, Dane simply didn't want to maintain it anymore, But JimDog came along and improved it to this state here, which IMO is a great improvement over all the annoying quirks that an MSN group has, for such a large group of people.

I am not entirely sure how this site is funded yet, its costing someone money, and maybe there should be a voluntary paypal donation thing like Fordification has to cover the cost of bandwidth,. But, I know Foodstick is dead set against the club costing anyone anything, and I certainly can see his point of view.
We (the londer-running members of this group) try very hard NOT to be FTE... there already is one of those, no need for another.

So in conclusion to this suddenly huge long post, if you want to make sure your pics don't vanish into oblivion, move them over here. I left mine over there, too, as a backup. You can sure fit a heck of a lot of pics in an album here... another constant annoyance I had with MSN, with pics scattered all over the place.

long winded JC
all of a sudden
:?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
GLindley

Post by GLindley »

I had a pic album on the MSN site several years ago, and deleted it to make room for others who had nicer trucks or trucks that they were actually being worked on. But snce this spring, I have been doing more to my truck than in several years, and taking a few pics along the way, so I have started another album. I need to upload more of those "work in progress' pics.

Gene
MadMaxetc
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

I would open an acount on www.PhotoBucket.com It is free and you can have as many as you want, it will also resize them for you.

I have a bunch on there http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/madmaxetc/

All you have to do is copy and paste the link in your posts, very easy.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
GLindley

Pics

Post by GLindley »

Yeah Dan, I opened a picture account with http://www.albumtown.com/ because my son is selling his '05 Magnum on Ebay :wink: and we put several pictures on there to link to, and I'll prolly be putting my '61 stuff on there. :mrgreen:

Gene