stuck oil filter removal

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

cavinandpavin

stuck oil filter removal

Post by cavinandpavin »

well the old truck aint had the oil changed in ...at least since clinton was in office, for the first time. and well i guess the oil filter didnt want to leave..so i ended up tearing it all to heck and every thing i put on it tore it up worse but i found a trick in the process
if you get one that is really bad take all the metal off and the guts of the filter. so you only have the base left, the part that touches the block you will see the screw that comes out of the block and the little holes all around it, what i did was found an allen wrench that fit in the hole and a bolt that fit. then put the allen in a hole and the screw in another hole and pushed down on the allen with a small cheater bar and..it broke loose with minimal cursing. but be carefull that thin metal will do a better job than the red cross at takin blood.hope this helps, it did me so i thought i would share.
No, its not a windsor or a cleveland, its a three fifty TWO!
blackagatha

Post by blackagatha »

I ran into one kinda like that, I didnt tear it all the way down though, As soon as you start having drama, hammer a big screwdriver thru it, aiming for that core.

It works great....
'63 with 390 & lots of juice. But never enough. Always want more.
ImageImageImage