dropped front axles

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

1lo64

dropped front axles

Post by 1lo64 »

I just found the site and it sure is nice. Does anyone know where one could buy a dropped front axle anymore. Seems as tho no one carries them. I know I can have mine done (I have a 64), but I would rather buy one. I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks a bunch.
Eddy
semotrucker

Post by semotrucker »

Welcome to the group.

Try this http://www.droppedaxles.com

Always heard good things about Sids from members here.

Cam
1lo64

Post by 1lo64 »

Thanks Cam. I have spent a lot of my evening scouting out the site and the rides. I really like it here. I have seen that dropped axle site. So far it's all I've seen. I don't want to take out my axle 'til time to change it. I'd say I'll have to pay the core charge if I want it. Thanks again for the info and the welcome.
Rusty 63
United States of America

Post by Rusty 63 »

I'm in FL if you want the straight axle I pulled out to do my cv swap... I'm sure there are quite a few around close to home that you could pick up for dirt cheap or free.
Send out the replacement to get the treatment, when it gets back, do a disk brake swap & kingpins on your workbench to save your back.
Heck, if you work it right, I bet you can get a set of springs with the axle, pull them apart, repaint them & install new bushings & tie rods, etc.
Then when you put your truck in the air, you can swap axles in an afternoon & have a brandie-new front end in a day. And it keeps you from having an immovable hulk stuck in the middle of your garage for a few months! (Ask my wife).
Good luck!
olliesshop
United States of America

Post by olliesshop »

Eddy ... Welcome from Michigan !!! :welcome:
Tim - 1961 F250 Uni
"Big Red" pictures ... http://olliesshop.smugmug.com/Trucks
Current build thread ... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=29505