repair tricks

Got a helpful tip or trick related to your slick? Please share...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

willy3486

repair tricks

Post by willy3486 »

I have posted a lot of repair tricks on the dixie site for slicks. Its everything from rebuilding your steering wheel,making a pattern for the original door panels,dash recovvering,etc. Its in the slick tricks section at http://groups.msn.com/TNSlicks/slicktricks.msnw
Comet

Post by Comet »

Willy, I think we should try and save that stuff and build on it over here. This forum makes searching for stuff like tech articles much easier.
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
willy3486

Post by willy3486 »

The reason I posted it was to link up to some of the preveous posts I had made to help people out. I wasn't trying to promote going to other groups,I was just trying to help others. I understand its easier to search here but I am not about to retype all of those hints. Before I figured out some of those repairs I would have loved to read them and saved myself a lot of time. I wouldn't have cared a bit to look through a lot of other posts to get some help on fixing something. I know I am not that important here but I was trying to help those who were stuck like I was before I figured out things.
Comet

Post by Comet »

Willy, I understood what you were saying. I was not suggesting you re-type them. I think there are a lot of good tech articles like yours on MSN that we should try and save. Itd be a shame to lose all that. That's all I'm saying. Copy+Paste! 8)
My Slick is rustier than your Slick! :D
GLindley

Repair Tricks

Post by GLindley »

Willy, I don't think Comet was suggesting that you were trying to get people to leave here to visit other chapter's sites. I think he was suggesting that "technical stuff" and "hints and tricks" (things of that nature) would be a better benefit to the masses if they were centrally located (even if they were just links) here.
There is nothing "wrong" with each chapter having whatever they want on their respective sites, but I can tell you that my "favorites" list is filled with links to good articles and tech stuff and hints and tricks to a myriad of places. To a new member, it might be seen as a spiderweb of where to go to read articles about this and that.

Just my 02 cents.

Gene

P. S. Willy, you can go to your articles and copy/paste them anywhere you want to without re-typing one word of them. :D
GLindley

Repair tricks

Post by GLindley »

Oops..Looks like Comet and I were typing at the same time!

Gene
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Hey Willy don't get your nose all bent out of joint. Nobody here is more or less important than the other IMO, I think what we are shooting for here is ideally something like this

http://fordification.com/technical-home.htm

where if you go down to the bottom of the page and search for something like "speedometer wiring" bang-zoom you are there , and you don't have to go register for a chapter to which you don't even belong, wait 3 days for the chapter manager to approve you, and look thru every thread to find it, if you have the patience of Job. It's all in one central, easy to find location, That's all these guys were saying, and they wanted you to cut and paste your articles in it.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
William-in-St. George

Installing the torque converter on a C6.

Post by William-in-St. George »

Stand the transmission on its tail shaft and tie it to the work bench. Look for the pump flats and mark them with a sharpie. On the torque convertor, mark the pump flats and carry the mark around so you can see it. Line both marks up and slowly lower the TC. Rotate it slightly until the TC flats engage the pump flats. Put a straight edge across the face of the bell. It should clear the TC snout. Use a brace to hold the TC in place while you wrestle it in. Then as the engine and transmission come together remove your temporary brace. The ugly Ford installation eyelet works great for the brace or you could make a pretty one out of flat stock.