Des Moines Ia to Salina Ks via Kansas City

The next great event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Kid
United States of America

Des Moines Ia to Salina Ks via Kansas City

Post by Kid »

Ok, there will be a group of us leaving Des Moines Ia on aug 15th and heading to Salina. We will be going down I-35 to hook up with Casey 65 and his wife and then heading to Salina on I-70. If there will be anyone who wants to meet along the way and travel with us let us know or if you will be along the way and just want to meet up for a bit to say Hi let us know..............Kid
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
castruck_1964
Canada

Re: Des Moines Ia to Salina Ks via Kansas City

Post by castruck_1964 »

I will be in the Blue Truck at the back of the convoy :shock:
Apparently I'm not allowed to lead for some reason :roll:
Slicks rule
dd/ 19 F150,97 Tbird
62 swb bbw uni next project
460 C6

Ken
Kid
United States of America

Post by Kid »

Like I said, if you lead you will be rolling into Salina before we get to KC....................KId
There are some Days I should not be let to go into the public without adult supervision
slixtyfive
United States of America

Post by slixtyfive »

I'll be coming later in the week but if you all have time to fit it in, i'd encourage you(and anyone else going to SS from the north through KC) to account for a couple hours to check out the Arabia Steamboat museum in KC (north east side). I haven't been there myself yet but my wife has and we are planning to stop there on our way down - she said it is amazing!!

I won't go into the details here but essentially it is a museum of artifacts from the Arabia steamboat that sunk in 1856 on the Missouri River- prior to the river changing its path. Thus the steamboat and artifacts were all dug up from the middle of a corn field.... and in incredibly well preserved condition.

You can check it out at www.1856.com
"It's better to be gone but not forgotten, than to be forgotten but not gone." Gary Allan