Chat

This is a temporary forum set up to report bugs on the site, and to request additional features

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

JimDog
United States of America

Chat

Post by JimDog »

I installed the chat module. Or at least one of them. There were a couple of different ones. I never used the chat feature before on the current slick60s site, so I don't have anything to compare it with. But I have tested it out and it works.

There is one thing that I don't like. It is kind of hard to find the link to the chat. It is kind of hidden at the bottom of the main page. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page, you will see a section labeled "Who is Online". It is in that area. It will tell you how many people are in the chat room and who they are. I like that. Just not sure I like that link buried down there. But we can decide if we want to leave the link there, or move it elsewhere. I'd imagine there will be some major shuffling around, but I remembered that chat was one feature Darrell mentioned specifically, so I added it.

If you don't like it, let me know and I can install another chat module. Let me know what you think.
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

All I know is I wasn't personally able to use the chat function on MSN because I use a Mac/Safari setup. I tested this chat with MikeCarson and CaliRob the other night for about 30 min. and it was great! It is definitely nice to see who's in Chat (if anybody) at any given time.

So I'm just thrilled that I can use it now!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Jim ,I went in and tried it out, I am not sure if it's just Firefox or what , but there are no controls over the size of the chat window, or over the fonts the different users can use. Typically the chatters use different fonts and color of fonts so they don't all look like each other in there

The chat window is kinda small, the font is really small, I wonder if these things can be changed for the chatting pleasure of the Slicksters. I think I will go in and change the font view settings on Firefox and try it again.

Need a thumbs up emoticon..
JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Can't seem to make anything any bigger in Firefox :cry:
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i looked in, the window is not full screen but i can get the smileys to work, never would on msn.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

See yall here Sunday! Maybe now some of the members who couldn't get into MSN's chat can join us now!
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
prost66

chat room

Post by prost66 »

The site is great.The chat room needs bigger fonts,color,larger input area.It also kicks you out if you don't converse in a certain length of time,which is annoying.Yahoo chat is still the best where you could actually speak to each other.Guess we can't have everything. Merle
1966 F-100 "Grabber Blue" Pro St. [ 99 to 44/100% pure recycled FORD ]
JimDog
United States of America

Post by JimDog »

Testing new chat application here --> http://fordtruk.com/forums/chat/flashchat.php. All feedback - good and bad - are welcome.
A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

I couldn't get in with FireFox, but with IE, got right in. Much better!!
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"
JimDog
United States of America

Post by JimDog »

Mike,

I tested it with Firefox without problems. Cross-browser compatability is very important to me...

One thing - it does require the Macromedia Flash plugin. If that is not installed in Firefox, it will not work. You can download the plugin from http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer. It is safe, free, and only takes a couple of minutes.

If you are still having problems, even after installing Flash, let me know and I will look into it further...

Anyone else reading this - I will try to hang out in the chat room today. If you have a minute pop in and say hi. I have only been able to test this out chatting with myself. I would like to see how it works with more then one person involved :roll:

You can enter the chatroom here -->
http://fordtruk.com/forums/chat/flashchat.php
Brion71

Post by Brion71 »

I like it, looks great!!
Brion.
United States of America

Post by MadMaxetc »

ding! ding! DING!...we have a winner!!!

That is what I am talking about!!

Very nice.

Now we just need to get it linked from the main forum site.
Dan
Project: '63 F-100 LWB / 460 / C6 / 2x4
My Build Thread
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

excellent looking chat room.cant wait to see it in action
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Truckrat
United States of America

Chat Room

Post by Truckrat »

I just went into the chat room to check it out, and WOW, you really made it look nice, Jim. Does anyone still chat on Wednesdays? I really like the look. Ya done good, son!!! TR
shane amigoni

anyone out there?

Post by shane amigoni »

I log into this site a few times daily and never see anybody in chat. Do I have a problem or doesnt anyone ever use the chat feature?
mikecarson

Post by mikecarson »

Sunday night it's used regularly.
Mike C
64 CC, Crown Vic project
62 CC
67short 94 F150, 433W
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body, but to skid in sideways - body worn out and screaming: Woo Hoo, what a ride!"