Man busted for impersonating a Marine

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

MattsIASlickShop

Man busted for impersonating a Marine

Post by MattsIASlickShop »

This dumbass dressed as a decorated Marine and represented himself as a hero.
there is a special kind of hell reserved for a person like this...
they call it being a "wife" to the cellmate in the joint.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/1111091medals1.html

Medals Of Dishonor
FBI: Prodigiously decorated California man never served in military

NOVEMBER 11--Just in time for Veteran's Day, a California bank employee is facing federal charges for allegedly masquerading as a decorated Marine and wearing a host of bogus medals, including the Purple Heart, Bronze Star, and Navy Cross. Steven Burton, 39, is scheduled to surrender tomorrow in U.S. District Court in Riverside, California (Burton, who has never served in the armed forces, was named last week in a misdemeanor criminal information charging him with the unauthorized wearing of military medals). According to a search warrant affidavit, Burton's charade was discovered after an actual Navy commander, Colleen Salonga, ran into Burton at their high school reunion. Online records indicate that Salonga and Burton graduated in 1988 from Alhambra High School in Martinez, California (and that their class's 20th reunion was last October). Suspicious that Burton was playing dress up, Salonga asked to take a photo with him. That image, seen below, was later provided to FBI agents. A subsequent investigation turned up another photo of Burton in uniform as well as blog postings in which he recounted his "combat experience" and tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. In the real world, Burton is employed at Rabobank in Palm Springs, California.

the Rabobank in Palm Springs has an email address on their site, presumably for people to contact them about stuff, if necessary...

contact@rabobank.com

Last edited by MattsIASlickShop on November 15, 2009, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
fmartin_gila

Post by fmartin_gila »

That sorry SOB deserves all he should get. I served over ten years in the Corps (including a tour in VietNam) and I don't have 1/3 that number of ribbons. SOB's like that really rankle me down to my toes, acting like they have done something when they should be scurrying for their wormholes.

Fred
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Those ribbons and specifically, certain one's he included changed that crime from involuntary manslaughter to first degree murder, so to speak.

Get in the Hole!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

Wow. If he wants to join the Corp, why not enlist?

I guess it is easier to fantasize about it than to actually have to go through it.

Edit: I couldn't get the link to work. I found this.

http://www.militarytimes.com/static/pro ... mation.pdf

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/20 ... st_111109/
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold
Obsa
United States of America

Post by Obsa »

He needs to have his A$$ kicked. Maybe he needs to be run thru Boot Camp and id'ed as the poser he is.

try this for the link to smoking gun

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/ye ... dals1.html
As my dad used to say, somewhere there was a horse that died a painful death from terminal constipation due to missing a key part of its anatomy.
fire truck

Post by fire truck »

They need to drop him off in Iraq....