75 MPH

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

Doc Pepper wrote:
Now if I can fix the holes in my headliner from where I kept bouncing around at that speed, ....

:laughing:

Is yours a round speedo, or the sweep CC speedo? When you pass the 100 mark with the sweep speedo, the needle just sorta disappears. :lol:
I'd make sure your tires & suspension is up for it first, though. :wink:

Come to think of it...you do that enough times & the spring on the needed tweaks & it kinda goes whacko when you reach 100. :oops:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Round speedos just point at the floor when you're doing 140+

:lol:
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

i had my 65 f350 with 390 and 4.88 rear up to 100 mph a few years back.
it was not shuddering or shaking, and it was steering straight down the road.
i was sure i could see the gas gauge needle slowly moving toward E, and the sound in the cab was like the concorde jet getting ready to take off.

my wifes 66 f 100 4x4 with a beefed up 352 and 3.50 gears hits 80 with no effort and 100mph does not seem to be the top but theres nowhere to go to safely test it. a long ,straight ,flat road is not found anywhere around here.

the most i have had my 66 with 292 up to is 90, but its favorite speed is about 73 mph, cruises along real nice and smooth.

i have done some braking tests too, on the dry pavement and on the gravel road, and i can report the drum brakes work fine, and stop the trucks as they should.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Slick Fan

Post by Slick Fan »

ICEMAN6166 wrote:and the sound in the cab was like the concorde jet getting ready to take off.

:lol: I forgot all about that! Mine used to make this waah-waah reverberation sound through the cab at about 110 & increase tempo as I went faster. :lol:

Oh & I'll second you on the gas gauge. I swear I could see mine move too, especially full throttle up a long hill. :shock:
My "Slickitis" affliction began here...

66 F100 CC/65 F100 CC/66 F250 CC
If it starts to rain, they'll tax the splash.
If you want to fish, they'll tax the bass.
If you plant a yard, they'll tax the grass.
If you don't play nice, they'll fine your *$#!
cdherman

Post by cdherman »

My 240 with a 3.25 rear and 7.00x 15 tires, cruises quite nicely at 70, and I find myself at 75 often without doing it on purpose.

Have to admit, she's a lot quieter at about 60, where it just sort of glides along.

I have no doubt I could clock 85-90 with that gearing and tires, were I willing to try.......
1965 F-100 240 Autolite 1101, Disk brake dual master upgraded, swapped over to C4 and powersteering. Bought by my Dad new in March 65'

Planned/considered upgrades:
Perhaps power brakes, 300 I6 motor and JUST maybe, AC!
Lowell
United States of America

Post by Lowell »

Guess im an old chicken. 65 is all i want to go in my 65 with a 240
6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Hey Doc, Tom here if you go out Ajo Way WB Go past the airport, past the Customs check tower, then turn right make several turns in the dirt roads you will come up to a sign that says Welcome To Ford Heaven,, A A lot of Ford Vehicles from all years if still there we have not been there in a few years but we carried at least 5 trailer loads of truck parts onlt drawback is they use a Dozer to keep the road clear & every time we went in there had to have the front end redone Dozer Tracs are hard on the front end....... Have bought many parts from Wahl Bros. on Ajo Way but now gone due to Tawain Sheet Metal + that road was tore up so long lost a lot of business also
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo