New Ebay Scam???? "Click To Unconfirm"

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mellvis

New Ebay Scam???? "Click To Unconfirm"

Post by Mellvis »

I was checking email and had one that was:

PAYPAl Payment confirmed......

Dear PayPal Member,

Please confirm payment to POWERELECTRONICS (sales@POWERELECTRONICS.com) $1599.99 USD using PayPal and your Shipping Information.

This credit card payment will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL POWERELECTRONICS*".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Item Name: BRAND NEW Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC
Quantity: 1

Total: $1599.99 USD

Cart Subtotal: $1599.99 USD
Shipping Charge: $22.99 USD
Cart Total: $1622.98 USD
Payment Status: Unconfirmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping Information

Shipping Info: Kevin Davis
2873 Knollberry Lane
Decatur, GA 30034
United States

Address Status: Unconfirmed

Please click the link below to confirm or to cancel your payment
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.p ... HGGTYGTCCL

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

PayPal Email ID PP150

.......There is NO DOUBT that if you "Click on the link....." you will give this "person" your PAYPAL information. PLEASE BEWARE!!!!!!!
1965 F100 "Papaw's Pride"

"So I'm working on a cistern inlet valve and the guy hands me a lock nut wrench! I was like 'What is this, a drainpipe slipknot!'" -Flo
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

I hope you reported it to Ebay, and pay pal.
I got one similar a week ago, and right away logged into my paypal account, (not via the email) to make sure there wasn't any reference to it on my account, then reported it with out clicking.
If you don't report it, they can't catch the bastards who want to steal your hard earned money.
You can't put a price on a good time.
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Any e-mails like this you should just forward to spoof2 eaby.com, or same at paypal. I get these all the time. They try every ruse in the book. Allways go straight to you account at Ebay or Paypal, if it is questionable. these people are constantly fishing for information.

Rich
64 f100

Post by 64 f100 »

Make that spoof@Ebay.com

Rich
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

seems to be on the rise again, i have got several fake paypal e-mails in the past few weeks.
Rich if theres a member in or near decatur,Ga. i would ask him to pay a visit.i would also call the Decatur police, and call information to see if theres a phone for that guy.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
dotcentral

Post by dotcentral »

I go months without buying on ebay or using paypal, but everytime I do one or both, I get several of these bogus emails.
Driver: 71 F100 Shortbed: Disc swap, 5.0 HO EFI & AOD
Project Vehicle/Mild Custom: 66 F100 CC longbed: Sold