door weatherstripping problems

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

door weatherstripping problems

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Hi guys, I had ordered all my weatherstripping long before I heard that LMC rubber is garbage. Last night I just confirmed it. My door was in perfect alignment with no rubber on it. After glueing it all in, and letting it set, my door has a nice 3/4" gap on the back side. Took the striker off even and it is still solid. Is the stuff from Carpenter any better? Please help.
Mark

flareside64

Post by flareside64 »

The rubber from Dennis Carpenter is the best! Carpenter uses the original Ford molds, all licensed by Fomoco. I bought the LMC garbage too and it was horrible. Carpenters rubber fits just right.
Travis
1949 F-4 226/4 speed
1964 F100 223/3 speed
1965 F100 4x4 445/4 speed
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

there should be a large comment about that somewhere.
i was thru that myself.
you get what you pay for, Carpenters is the best, i would only buy it from a dealer who sold Carpenters products or DC himself.i have a set of the cheap stuff i took off after it would not fit right, want it?
did not think so.
its hanging on the wall of my barn as a reminder of what being a cheap@$$ got me.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Hoofbeat Racer
Canada

Post by Hoofbeat Racer »

Not that I was being a cheap $$##@, just never realized the difference. What a $#%& pain, now I have to remove the #@$$@ adhesive and ##$% start over, ?#$@@$, :oops: did I mention $%*&:roll:

Pardon my :argue: language
Mark

6166 Junkyard Dog
United States of America

Post by 6166 Junkyard Dog »

Just be careful all dealers do not sell carpenters rubber products, I would ask first also,,, I know we do as well as Rick @ Carolina Classics do since I worked there for several years as well
Tom,
@
Lazy FORD Ranch
Where Ford Trucks Rest in Peace

Dakota,,, RIP will never be the same looking for 61-66 trucks again ,, :cry: Kathy :cry:
Slickstock,,, York, PA
Slickstock,,, Kansas City, MO
Slickstock,,, Altoona, IOWA
Slickstock,,, Salina, KS

Now Cooper will try his best :lol: :lol:

Cooper now has 2018 Slick Stock,, give him a fair star :lol:
Slickstock Kansas City, Mo
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

Hoofbeat Racer wrote:Not that I was being a cheap $$##@, just never realized the difference. What a $#%& pain, now I have to remove the #@$$@ adhesive and ##$% start over, ?#$@@$, :oops: did I mention $%*&:roll:

Pardon my :argue: language

that was my exact feeling when i made the mistake.theres a partial tube of adhesive way out in the woods somewhere.....
a deal is not always a good thing.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
*1bad66*

Post by *1bad66* »

I really wish this would have been posted a couple of weeks ago right before I ordered $150 worth of that taiwan crap. I just got it in the mail a couple of days ago and then I read this article. On every piece it says made in taiwan (probably in a damn sweatshop). I am going to send it back and If they try to charge me a 20% restocking fee Im going to be extremely PO'd. Imgoing to go ahead and order the carpentar stuff as soon as lmc takes their crap back.
66 F-100 351W
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

*1bad66* wrote:I really wish this would have been posted a couple of weeks ago right before I ordered $150 worth of that taiwan crap. I just got it in the mail a couple of days ago and then I read this article. On every piece it says made in taiwan (probably in a damn sweatshop). I am going to send it back and If they try to charge me a 20% restocking fee Im going to be extremely PO'd. Imgoing to go ahead and order the carpentar stuff as soon as lmc takes their crap back.

this has been discussed many times here.
even though you will be out the return shipping and maybe the 20% you will be better off and you wont have to get all pi$$ed off when you rip it off your truck and throw it in the trash, then buy more.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton