Road Demon

The place to talk Slicks. All we ask is that discussion has something to do with slicks...

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Johnny Canuck
Canada

Road Demon

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Who knows anything about Demon Carbs? is a 625 Road Demon a good Carb? I am watching one on ebay that was tuned by Barry Grant.. might bid on it if it's worthwhile..
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
BigTim

Post by BigTim »

JC I have a Speed Demon 850, IMO it is higher quality, and has more tuneability(is that a word) than a similar Holley. Also has more standard features that you would have to buy extra on a Holley.
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Thanks Tim. Think I will take a crack at this one.

JC
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

Do yourself a favor. www.barrygrant.com has a chart to identify which carb is best for your application.

here is the direct link to the chart: http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/default.aspx?page=5

It really helps to know what you are buying. There are a ton of guys out there just hammering away at what a piece of garbage the BG carbs are, almost all of it can be directly traced back to the improper carb for the job.

I did a ton of research before buying my Speed Demon carb last week. The only consistant complaint that the Tech Guy @ BC on the HAMB could not address was the extra flashing in the carb and in the bowls.

I opened mine up and cleaned out the extras :)
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Steve I was already there, but thanks anyway! :D . The 625 road demon is exactly what I need, but the ebay one is set up for a non ford and the ford kickdown model has a different part #. I emailed their techie to see if the kickdown is just an add-on like Holley and Edelbrock.
No reply yet.
ELpolacko

Post by ELpolacko »

the kickdown linkage is usually under the regular throttle linkage. Never seen a kit for it so it may be some special order or you may have to send it in.

OR, you could ashcan that weenie automatic trans and put a HE-MAN TREMEC TKO in it! :lol:
If you do need to get in touch, please use my Email at info@industrialchassisinc.com or post a message on my Facebook Page

Thank you,
Steve
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

ELpolacko wrote:OR, you could ashcan that weenie automatic trans and put a HE-MAN TREMEC TKO in it! :lol:

Hey I'd love that, but remember these words Steve....

FRUGAL

:P
Casey 65
United States of America

Post by Casey 65 »

"FRUGALL"... Ain't got no money, honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1959. The Big Bopper. :lol:
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Point is moot anyway. missed it by
(|) that much
http://cgi.ca.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI ... 0083717055
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

not a bad price. i was wondering about those too.i paid more than that for a new 2v for my y block a few years ago.

too late in the auction for the snipe?
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

I (always) use Autionsniper, Brian.
Set it at $212.93 and missed the target. Keeps me from going overboard, when I don't even watch the end of the auction.

I have learned not to fall in love with anything using that method.. if I win I win , if not..meh.