No Go on Slickstock.... :(

Here is the forum for the next great Event

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Anthony

No Go on Slickstock.... :(

Post by Anthony »

Well the more I try and finish the more something else needs the money... just had to put pitman and idler arms on the wifes truck along with brakes all the way around and a rotor turned.... Kali's engine light is on and Zaks jeep has a sputter in it... Not to mention my Dodge has 4 tires on it that need air every other day... Geeze!!! I need to get my Slick on the road.....

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I am not going to make Slickstock .... hopefully I'll have her done by 2012... for sure I'll be done by then... I was so looking forward to meeting everyone but the funds are either going for getting the truck on the road before winter, (which I need the 4X4) , or attend Slickstock... and the truck takes priority... Thought I'd give you a heads up.... I appreciate all the support you guys have given me and I'll continue to plug away and keep on posting my build... Man this sucks.... horribly!!!!
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Anthony I don't think you are the only one with the lack of funds. I too would like to go but I am running low on money to finish the truck. I guess that's why it takes us so long to finish our trucks. 5 years for mine hopefully will be done soon.
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Paul, I am starting year 4 of mine and should finish around 5.... I have backtracked all the trucks that I have done and they all look the same...............yup!! 5 years to complete it is...LOL I am hoping to have it on the road by winter and painted by not this coming fall but next fall...2011... but who knows what other things will pop up??? Family and their vehicles come before mine... even the one I drive...
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

:( I`m sorry to hear that Anthony!, maybe 2012!
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

dude, you could mow ten lawns and have the airfare for ss. i'm sure someone could put you up at night.
if by some miracle my wife gets a job, she may not be able to make it and i will have extra space.
if not, we all know how it goes.
first things first and we'll see you in 2012.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

ezernut9mm wrote:dude, you could mow ten lawns and have the airfare for ss..

if only it was that easy.
1966 F250 4x4
1964 Rambler Ambassador 990
Rest in peace departed Slick family members
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Ten lawns at 20$'s a piece.... lets reason that at $200.... I still need tail light lenses, head lights, adjusters and buckets.... still need the e-brake pivot from the center where the single cable meets the 2 rear cables.... still need the $75 to have the windshield installed... still have to buy the belts for the engine, get the bolts for the fan and pulley... and antifreeze...
The way that I have it figured is that Slickstock was going to be a $800 to $1000 round trip for 2 people... It is not that I can't come up with the money but that with the $800 I can more than finish up the Ol' girl. and she has been patiently waiting for the last 3-4 years on this. I am on schedule to have her done in my usual 5 year span and that means that she should be up, running, and painted by Slickstock 2012.... and I might even be able to swing next summers York, PA gathering.... I really hate to be one of "those" guys that says he will be there and not show but I just can't see spending the money on a trip when it can finish up the Slick.... I will eventually get her done and will meet up with you guys later at the 2012 gathering..... enjoy the fun and think of me is all I ask.....
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i hear you anthony, but you don't need a truck to attend. i guess i'm just trying to reason out you not being able to make it. brian too. it won't be the same, but i guess each one of these events has it's own "personality" so to speak.
see you guys in 2012!
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

pretty sure Anthonys reasoning ,like mine, is pretty close to the reasoning for selling your slick.
we do what we have to, sometimes at the cost of giving up what we really want to do.
turn the calendar back to 100 days and i guarantee i would be there.
slickstock in October might be a bit chilly for most of you though, especially in Iowa.
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

actually, late sept or early oct would be perfect for me. we got lucky last summer in kc. it should have been 100+ out on that parking lot black top, but mother nature was quite considerate of our little get together and gave us a ten to fifteen degree break.
she must like slicks too.
always

ICEMAN6166
Poland

Post by ICEMAN6166 »

my wife thinks there should be a camp version of slickstock where they can send us all for the whole summer to get rid of us :lol:
1966 F250 4x4
Cam Milam
Lesley Ferguson
Steve Lopes
John Sutton
Gnant

Post by Gnant »

Slick Camp. I like that idea. It will be 112 today in Arizona and let me tell you, camping in Alaska is sounding mighty fine.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." --- Will Rogers