hit and run victim...need a door!

NY, NJ, PA, DE, DC, MD

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

crustyoldchief

hit and run victim...need a door!

Post by crustyoldchief »

My '64 was the victim of a hit-and-run incident while parked along the street in front of my house about 2 months ago. :x While I'm sure the old girl fared better than the Durango or Dakota that hit her (at least that's the type of mirror the SOB left behind)...I'm still going to need a replacement driver-side door. All of the other panels are repairable, but the door is, unfortunately, a little too far gone.

Any one have a lead on a good, solid driver's door?

Right now I'm deployed overseas, so I'm not in a huge hurry to make a deal, but I would love to get a good line on the part so I can get to work when I come home in a few months.

Any help you all could give would be greatly appreciated.
(BTW, my previous username was PatriotCPO, but had to re-register since I don't have access to my home email account over here....)
DV65CustomCab
United States of America

Post by DV65CustomCab »

I would contact Tom at Flashback F100's on this site, he imports nice, dry doors from out west and can deliver to Carlisle shows for you. Trying to find one that isn't rotten around here would be a challenge. I don't recall if we saw any at the Bernville yard...if there were any left on the turquoise stepside in the newest section of the yard they may be good. Probably no cheaper than one of Tom's though. Yard phone is 610-488-1577.
Stop The Longbed Hate! :)
'65 F100 Custom Cab bought 2002/Sold 2014
Now: '93 F150 Lightning
crustyoldchief

Post by crustyoldchief »

Thanks for the tips....I'll start there.

Mark
66fordtrucknut

Post by 66fordtrucknut »

Hey Mark, just noticed I had a pm. I've got a couple doors that aren't too bad. We'll get you fixed up. Be safe.
Charlie
62' SWB uni 223
66' F-100 Short/wide 352
78' F-350 dually dumpbed 400
12' F-150 5.0 3:73 LS
crustyoldchief

Post by crustyoldchief »

Charlie,

Hey, thanks a lot. I really appreciate that!

Like I said, I'll be over here in the sand for a couple more months, so I don't need anything right now, but I'm anxious to get back home to work on the truck (among other things :wink: )

Chris has told me that I may even have some budget to work with! If I play my cards right, maybe I can talk her into the rest of the body work and a paint job!

Thanks again!
Mark
mud-puppy

doors

Post by mud-puppy »

have some doors that I dont need. so if you can have some one pick it you can have it. they are from a 65 and 66. my son is over seas. anything I can do to help let me know. woody
I'LL GIVE UP MY 66 WHEN THEY PRY MY COLD DEAD HANDS OFF OF IT !