New here, from Northern California

WA, OR, CA, NV, UT, MT, ID, WY, AK, BC, AB, SASK, YK, NWT

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

Mild Mitch

New here, from Northern California

Post by Mild Mitch »

Howdy All,
Checking in and I'll try and introduce myself.

Mild Mitch here from Redding, CA. 53 years young.
I own a 1962 F250 Unibody. Actually I've been on here a little while and lurked before I signed up.

I own a Hot Rod, & Fabrication shop. I specialize in Early Ford Hot Rods and Customs, along with some vintage race stuff too. Though we'll tackle just about anything old, even the stray Ford 9N tractor that came in one day.

I'm also passionate about Land Speed Racing and race at the Bonneville Salt Flats. We have just finished a Roadster to reclaim records we had for a while there.

This is a great forum and really valuable site.
I have gathered a lot of useful info that has really helped me in the Rebuild/restoration of my truck. Still have some questions to come!

I started with a friends project that he'd given up on, he just didn't have the means to carry it thru and was moving out of town too. He asked me if I would take it, and I told him I didn't NEED another truck or project. Well it ended up on my door step, literally! He wouldn't take no for an answer, and I gave in. He pushed the darned thing all the way down the road to my Shop!

Well, it was pretty sad, it needed everything and was nearly all apart. Engine didn't run, wiring was out and it had been thru more than one abusive owner before me. In fact the past six guys hadn't even registered it, tho they all had put their "personal touches" to the poor thing. Man it was rough!

Anyway we got it running, barely. and I got it thru DMV, (a miracle). The second nite on the way home it quite. Period. Had it towed back. I swear if I hadn't just registered it I would have left it on the Freeway where it stopped!

Got it back to the shop, tore into it and found a severely cracked block. Located another 292 and we rebuilt it in my shop. I felt I didn't want to put the new pretty engine back into a crappy looking engine bay, we painted the firewall. Well, one thing led to the next and the truck is all but finished after a year and a half rebuild. Everything but the body off the frame.

I will try and post some photos, there isn't really much of a build diary or decent photos. I don't have any very good "before" pics, because I hadn't really planned on an "After"! I was just going to drive it the way it was.
I'll post some current photos soon, I need to take some.
Sorry this is such a long intro,
Thanks for having me
Mitch

the earliest before shots...
Still my shop truck and daily driver as well.

Late last spring. Fresh paint, and engine in...

foodstick

Post by foodstick »

Oh man, thats almost exactly what I am planning on for paint on my 62 short uni !
robert porterfield

Post by robert porterfield »

welcome aboard nice rtruck!... 8)
lifes hard wear helmet!
36truck
United States of America

Post by 36truck »

Cool truck. :welcome: from Michigan.
Tom Williams
ras4434

Post by ras4434 »

Welcome from up north.........Oregon that is. Truck looks great.....keep the pictures coming.