Me and the Banks new toy.....

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

ABA

Me and the Banks new toy.....

Post by ABA »

2001 F150 Lightning, 5.4 SC, 5 speed auto. 3:73 rear, 2500 stall, lowered 2in. She dyno'd in at 490rwhp.

A guy where I work had the truck so I had seen and heard it many times in the parking lot. Even ask him one day what kind of exhaust was on it 'cause I wanted my 429 Slick to have that sound. MagnaFlows.

On a sad note my classic truck days are over....for now, 'cause I now have a truck payment. As bad as I wanted another 429 powered truck it has become a chore and a frustration I did not expect. It was suppose to be a fun simple engine swap. Guess I just got overwhelmed at how much work was actually involved and everytime I thought I was making progress something else happened to set me back.

Now I can focus on other things like the house that I been putting off trying to get this truck done. Going to suck having that payment for the next 4yrs. especially since I ain't had a car payment since '85 but I couldn't build a Slick for what I'm paying for this F150 and have it run like this beast does.

I've learned a lot here and have much respect for all the dedication and passion you all have for your trucks but I've found a new love. :wink:

My Slicks are now for sale just got to write up an add for CL. and the price will be for both trucks and all the parts I have removed and saved. As soon as I get it all together I'll post it here.
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Gas Mileage? What's that?
Jerry
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

i don't care what anyone says, i love those trucks! i had a gen 1 and a gen 2. loved both equally for different reasons.
you gonna chip and pulley it?/?? you've got to man. at least get a factory tech valve body for the transmission and some sort of programmer. that truck will wake right up!
congrats.
always
"i believe i've achieved satisfaction".-bubbles
"should i be gettin" baked for this boys?"-bubbles

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
Greg D
United States of America

Post by Greg D »

NICE truck!
I have wanted a 1st gen Lightning since oh ah 1993? LOL.
Never been able to put it all together though.
I don't think I could give up ALL my my Slicks even for one of them though.
I'll just have to wait til I can have the Lightning too.
1964 F 100 - I am going to do "something" with it.......

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15942

1987 Mustang LX Convertible, 2.3 Auto - cruiser.
1994 F 150 XLT 2WD

~ Yes - I adopted another cat..............

Cam L Milan,
You'll be missed my friend.
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

btw, register your truck over at the svt registry. here is my old 99:

http://svtregistry.com/lightning/1999/1519/index.html

my 93:

http://svtregistry.com/lightning/1993/4273/index.html

here is the site:

http://svtregistry.com/index.html
always

i could no longer keep "r.i.p.ing" all of our fallen brothers and sisters, so i say here, slick loads of love and much respect to all you beautiful people.
ABA

Post by ABA »

ezernut9mm wrote:i don't care what anyone says, i love those trucks! i had a gen 1 and a gen 2. loved both equally for different reasons.
you gonna chip and pulley it?/?? you've got to man. at least get a factory tech valve body for the transmission and some sort of programmer. that truck will wake right up!
congrats.
It's been done. I got 500 ponies at the rear wheels. Stock is only 380 or so just for the engine. Motor has had a ton of work done from a professional shop near Atlanta.
I thought my brother's Cobra was fast. With this thing being an automatic you just stomp it and hang on. YEEHHAAWWW!!!!
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry
ABA

Post by ABA »

ezernut9mm wrote:btw, register your truck over at the svt registry. here is my old 99:

http://svtregistry.com/lightning/1999/1519/index.html

my 93:

http://svtregistry.com/lightning/1993/4273/index.html

here is the site:

http://svtregistry.com/index.html
Yeah I planned on doing that too.
Nice 99 and 93 btw. 8)
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

jer, i should have paid more attention to the first line of your post. lol
sounds like a solid 12 second truck. congrats agian!
always

slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

looks awesome!! pretty cool truck there!
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

:thumright: :thumright:

Purdy as a spring day.
If we ever get one.
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Alan Mclennan
Australia

Post by Alan Mclennan »

I love it Jerry!, your not leaving are you?
Honey, If I say I`ll fix something I will, there`s no need to remind me every 6 months!!
66 f100 tabletop swb 351 Clevo C6 "Beryl"

Slick Stock 3 KCMO
Slick Stock 4 Altoona
Slick Stock 5 KCMO
Slick Stock 6 Altoona
Slick Stock 7 Salina KS
Slick Stock 8.............................. cry.gif
BMJ's 65

Post by BMJ's 65 »

Your gonna have a blast with that monster. I love my Gen 1, but a Gen 2 is really starting to call my name. If you get a chance to make it to Lightning Fest, DO IT! It's cool as heck to see a bunch of guys pull into the pits, change tires, rip off 12 second runs, change tires back, and then go cruise around.
What's in the garage at any given moment?

FE powered Bump
93 Lightning
66 Slick strewn all over the place
08 Taurus
13" Huffy W/ training wheels
ABA

Post by ABA »

Alan Mclennan wrote:I love it Jerry!, your not leaving are you?
Oh no, I'll still be lurking around here. :)

Thanks for the positive responses. This was one of the toughest decisions I've ever made. I've never paid more than 2500 for a vehicle so signing the paper work for 11g had me a nervous wreck...but I did get the 2.98% rate. :dancing: Even the loan officer was shocked at at my credit score.
I just hope this truck is a good as the seller says it is. Guy he got it from had it built as a 500HP dailey driver but life happens and he had to let it go.
Seller forgot to leave the dyno and build sheets in the truck for me. Should have those next week.

Got a lot to learn about this beast and no I ain't crazy about all that dang plastic but being able to kick a Corvette's ass in a pick-em-up truck is the coolest feeling in the world. :rocker:
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry
slickmainer
United States of America

Post by slickmainer »

sounds like you got a good deal on it.
--Gregg--
you can't get there from here
ezernut9mm
Sweden

Post by ezernut9mm »

corvette owner after getting his ass handed to him: "what do got in that thing?"
lightning owner: "just a couple bags of sacrete, some 2x4s and a half yard of dirt, why?"

lol
always

ABA

Post by ABA »

ezernut9mm wrote:corvette owner after getting his ass handed to him: "what do got in that thing?"
lightning owner: "just a couple bags of sacrete, some 2x4s and a half yard of dirt, why?"

lol
HeHe, check this out. My wife pitched a total fit Fri. when I told her I was taking the tonneau cover off the bed.
"why you doing that, you just going to trash that truck hauling dogs and garbage. It's going to look like those other ones, blah blah blah....." :shock:
It's a truck and it will be used as a truck so get over it, Besides that go look at the interiour of YOUR car!
She can trash a vehicle so bad I won't even ride in it.
'01 F150 Lightning
490RWHP
Jerry