Preparing for invasion by an "Illegal Alien" in Fl

A place for discussion of off topic subjects. Pretty much anything goes - just keep it civil, please!

Moderators: Kid, Casey 65

FORDBOYpete

Preparing for invasion by an "Illegal Alien" in Fl

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Here we go again folks :( :cry::roll:

As of this morning the latest track for the tropical cyclonic storm event known as Ernesto is right up the East Coast of Florida. Gov' Bush declared a State of Emergency, state wide, the Hurricane watch and warning lines are being drawn right now. Activity is taking place in the LSA & NSA or local & National Staging Areas and we're gearing up again.

We knew yesterday there would be a state of emergency 'cause Mamma got orders to stand up her 1st responders & Incident Management teams & crews in her jurisdiction. She's been in stand by status since Sunday AM.
This morning the Local EOCs staffed up and County personnel are also on Stand By Status.

NASA has "pulled the plug" on the Shuttle shot & the bird is being readied to roll back into the VAB for protection against the forecast hurricane. We are looking at a storm event. FL/NG & FLANG are readying themselves too.
We are 36 hours from impact. That's the bad news.

The good news is the eastern high in the Atlantic is degrading. The center line of the cone is moving east as the high collapses. Although we are in the Cone we should be west of the storm center which is the place to be.

Either way, I've got to go prepare & fasten down Aircraft, batten hatches, and prepare to put up some window protection & shielding, and all that. So I will probably be out of pocket for a few days here. . . .
Just wish some people from Louisiana & Mississippi would come see how it's done around here. As with all tropical cyclonic storm events, it's more a matter of probability than prediction. Ernesto could move more east & miss us completely. . . . .or NOT.

Point is here in the "BiKiNi", as in the "Lone Star", "Peach" & "Tarheel", states, we've been here and done this before. Well see ya in a few days BOYZ :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: 8)

FBp 8)
Change is the Only Constant
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Strap yerself down and hang on Pete

Best wishes.. :?
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
Garbz

Post by Garbz »

Luck Pete

Garbz
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

Post by FORDMANLCRACKEL »

The most rewarding job i ever had was being a dad.
1988 Ranger Build http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... %20RANGER/
Max
United States of America

Post by Max »

Good luck to you FBP! We've had NAVY hurricane hunters from Monterrey, CA. and NOAA hunters both flying some packed Twin Otters here for the past 3 weeks keeping tabs on that storm.

Time to put tie-down stanchions on your slick frame and pad-eyes on the garage floor!
"If you don't want to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them."

1964 Ford F100
1967 US Army M416
Johnny Canuck
Canada

Post by Johnny Canuck »

Looks Like you get a "Get out of Jail Free" card.. from what they said on the news here last night........... :)
It's a race.. Will hell freeze over or will JC finish his truck first. Stay tuned..
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Man I wish they were all like this! :lol: :D :lol: :D :roll: 8)

Sun is out, there are passing rain showers, the humidity is "over the top" though at 100%. The temp is right at +90. The tropical farse is getting set to make a left even before it gets to cape Canaveral. . . . :shock: :? :oops:

NASA was 1.5 miles from Launch Pad #39 with Atlantis. They stopped the "crawler", put it in "R" & backed it back to pad #39. They're hooking it up and checking it out right now. The "tropical event" hasn't amounted to a tear, a sneeze, and a fart. . . .THAT"S GREAT THOUGH, I'LL TAKE IT!

Well as long as the next one doesn't take too long to get here, batteries I got should last. . . :roll: :wink: :roll:

I know the Water & MRE's will last, but I don't get to rest. . . all the crap I been stowing & battening has to be un stowed & un battened so we cam use it for compamy during Labor Day, NOT COMPLAINING, Just weary.

FBp 8)
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

WELL THE PREDICTED PATH IS ABOUT HALF WAY BETWEEN ME IN WILLIAMSTON, NC AND PAUL MERRELL IN WILSON, NC. SEEMS LIKE I ALWAYS GET THE EAST SIDE OF THE STORM. SO FAR PREDICTIONS ARE FOR 40 TO 50 MPH WINDS AND 4 TO 9 INCHES FOR RAIN. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE FLOOD WARNING, TORNADO WATCH, AND FLASH FLOOD WATCH.

LONNIE
FORDBOYpete

Post by FORDBOYpete »

Lonnie, you & Paul take care, watch out for any flooding, or twisters! :shock:
I'll be looking for y'all to be healthy & happy on the other side of Ernesto. :D

Matter 'O Fact everybody in the path of the storm, take care & be safe and God Speed. Be looking for ya later. . . . . . . :) :D

It's still pouring rain 'round here. We need it pretty badly though, so let it pour and pour some more, we were + 1' low on rain last month. Rain will help out so it's a good thing 'round here. :roll: :wink:

FBp 8)
FORDMANLCRACKEL
United States of America

THANKS FORDBOYPETE.
THE STORM DIDNT GO BETWEEN US LIKE THEY PREDICTED. IT WENT ABOUT 18 MILES TO THE EAST PUTTING ME AND PAUL ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE STORM WHERE THE WINDS ARE NOT AS BAD. WIND WAS 50 MPH, RAIN HEAVY. IN WILLIAMSTON WE GOT ABOUT 6 TO 8 INCHES. SOME MINOR TREE DAMAGE. NOTHING LIKE 2003 WHEN ISABEL CAME THROUGH. 95 TO 105 MPH WINDS FOR 4 HRS WORKS ON YOUR NEVERS.

JUST NEED TO PRAY FOR THE WEST COAST NOW. HOPE THEY HAVE AS GOOD LUCK AS WE DID.

LONNIE
Paul Merrell

Post by Paul Merrell »

Hey it was't that bad here in Wilson just a few limbs down no flooding where I live wife said I was not going to work I told her I was. She did not like that I also made fun of the guy trying to show some water rising he was standing in the concret curbing with his waders on I could have stood in the same spot with my tennis shoes on :!:
"Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life - For better...or for worse." 1965 F250 4wheeldrive 390/4speed/dana 60 rear 3.73/dana 44/PB